Second Skin Audio

First box was a one hit wonder

Da-Hoe

ok so i started the box last night which measures 47w x 38d x 16.25h

port measures 25 Long x 7 wide and 15 high

subs and port back with port in between the subs

the port will be straight im assuming not a L-port since its not to long

Should i router the port edges inside and out?

I will be doing 45s in the corners

How does everything look numbers wise?

We can reduce the area of the line down to 1650 sq cm, which is roughly equivalent to your cone area, without reducing performance much. It should save you some space.

One thing that I would like to point out that I don't think many people realize is, we can get the same performance as the t-line out of a ported box as long as it is tuned the same and built to roughly the same size.

FqAjmIB.jpg

In this graph the black line is a ported box, 14 cu ft @ 27 Hz, and the grey line is the T-line. Almost identical performance and the ported box, while still very large, take up less space than the T-line.

You should have enough space for either in your vehicle.

I just wanted to say I really appreciate members like you. Taking the time to help with programs (hornresp is no cake walk) and explaining things in a way that make sense and helps show someone the differences a design can make. Much more insightful than just spitting out what you read on the internet somewhere that someone did. Well done sir.

So i installed the box and tuned it in last night but it still doesnt sound right. I think its the subs. I give up on the 15s and want to switch back to alpine type rs maybe 4 12s. My original setup was 2 type r `2s and they got down. this new setup doesnt even compare so i think its the speakers themselves.

Before i spend money again i would appreciate any feedback on what you guys think about 4 type r 12s in a 2011 tahoe. What amp should i get to power these since im starting over again for the 3rd time in 3 months

Archived