OzielG Posted May 1, 2015 Report Posted May 1, 2015 So I was wondering, I have 1 grand to spend on a single 18 but I wasn't sure which sub would be better I mean there's the sundown nsv3 18 which I was thinking of getting but there is also the digital designs 9918 and also there's the sundown team series 18 which would be like 300 more so I need help on deciding which would be better because right now I have a nsv3 18 In mind but I want to make sure it's the right decision
Andrew Storlie Posted May 1, 2015 Report Posted May 1, 2015 well there is ALOT more info needed... what car? what space do you have to work with? what amp do you have? how good is your electrical? and most of all what are you trying to do with the sub?
OzielG Posted May 1, 2015 Author Report Posted May 1, 2015 Well I just want to use for my daily music and I have a 2001 Nissan xterra and looking to buy a banda 7k and electric will be upgraded as well I just want a sub that would be worthwhile since I would be using that single 18 for a really long time
Andrew Storlie Posted May 1, 2015 Report Posted May 1, 2015 Well I just want to use for my daily music and I have a 2001 Nissan xterra and looking to buy a banda 7k and electric will be upgraded as well I just want a sub that would be worthwhile since I would be using that single 18 for a really long time honesly for music i would stick to 2-15's youll get better output and better quality cause of the higher fs of 15's 7k alot of power for daily music lol EDIT: but if your looking for the best bang for your buck and your stuck on an 18 or even 2 of them... i would go with HDC4-18's and if you got 2 of them (about 1000 bucks) they would make love to a 7k amp edit 2: http://www.soundqubed.com/HDC418-D1-A-_p_137.html only $878 for 2 of them, unless you want to spend the extra 59 per sub for them sexy dust covers
OzielG Posted May 1, 2015 Author Report Posted May 1, 2015 Yes I was considering on two 15s but I was just trying to stick one 18 just cause of space, hmm would two 15s need a bigger box than a single 18?
Andrew Storlie Posted May 1, 2015 Report Posted May 1, 2015 whats the max space you have to work with?
CstrokerV Posted May 1, 2015 Report Posted May 1, 2015 Since when does higher fs get better quality and higher output?... my build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/142505-small-build-log-4-dc-lvl3-10s-tl-update-link-to-rebuild/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/154258-rebuild-6-lvl3-12s-update-small-video-nothing-spectacular/ new build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188181-03-trailblazer-slow-build-8-dc-lvl3-12-m1-motor-m2-parts/
Andrew Storlie Posted May 1, 2015 Report Posted May 1, 2015 Since when does higher fs get better quality and higher output?... higher fs is GENERALLY better for music... not better quality or output. obviously alot depends on the box and power. even the cars resonate fs edit: my bad for wording it badly
CstrokerV Posted May 1, 2015 Report Posted May 1, 2015 Yeah i never heard that either.. my build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/142505-small-build-log-4-dc-lvl3-10s-tl-update-link-to-rebuild/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/154258-rebuild-6-lvl3-12s-update-small-video-nothing-spectacular/ new build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188181-03-trailblazer-slow-build-8-dc-lvl3-12-m1-motor-m2-parts/
Andrew Storlie Posted May 1, 2015 Report Posted May 1, 2015 the fs of a sub is where it plays best... where the sub is most efficient. music bass is about 30-60hz... depending on the type. dont get me wrong a low fs sub can still play music, the sub i use has a fs of 24.9hz. alot depends on the box. thats why i say generally. anyways back to topic, if your looking for a single sub set up, go with a single HDC4 18 or 15, both subs can take 4krms on music just fine, thus lowering your amp costs, and electrical upgrade costs... and save you gas if its a daily driver.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.