Second Skin Audio

$1000 to spend on a single 18

OzielG

the fs of a sub is where it plays best... where the sub is most efficient. music bass is about 30-60hz... depending on the type. dont get me wrong a low fs sub can still play music, the sub i use has a fs of 24.9hz. alot depends on the box. thats why i say generally.

anyways back to topic, if your looking for a single sub set up, go with a single HDC4 18 or 15, both subs can take 4krms on music just fine, thus lowering your amp costs, and electrical upgrade costs... and save you gas if its a daily driver.

Okay so which one would be louder like move more air and more flex the two 15s?

if your willing to give them the power... 2-15s will move more air yes. and they can take a 7k amp as long as you get the electrical to back it up, make sure its CLEAN power.

Ooh okay sounds good but now problems is I'm gonna be stuck deciding on which subs to get digital designs 9515s, sundown zv4 15s, hdc4 15s, or which else

Just a little background I wanna get something loud that will be worth while cause my wife gave me that "okay" to start a new build so I'm trying to get something louder than my single 9515 cause once I get new subs or sub I will be sticking to them for a while so Yea

cheapest will be the HDC4s

IMHO i think DD is over priced...

so id go with HDC4 or zv4s

zv4s i think will be almost 1400 for a pair compared to 900 for a pair of hdc4s (refering to onsite msrp)

both baxes are gonna basicly be the same.

zv4s have a little more excursion.

edit: the DD9515 is over 1000 for just 1 sub...

they would move a LITTLE more air... ive personally never used the zv4's so i cant say how they sound or the power they can take. both zv4 and hdc4 are great subs. you should be able to play 150db+ on music with either set up... what sub do you think looks better? if you get the dust caps for the hdc4, you can get them blank with no logo and put your own logo on them lol

Archived