Windows Xp Login Help

even if i try to boot up in safe mode i am still required to enter a password even before windows starts so i never actually get to the desktop.

BIOS password.

Reset the CMOS.

Pull the CMOS battery out (make sure machine's unplugged from the power too), push and hold the power button on the computer for 10 seconds, release, put CMOS battery back in, plug computer power back in, should work then.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

even if i try to boot up in safe mode i am still required to enter a password even before windows starts so i never actually get to the desktop.

I have the same networking setup at school, i'll figure out something for you tomorrow.

Did you try username Administrator password *BLANK*?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

BIOS password.

Reset the CMOS.

Pull the CMOS battery out (make sure machine's unplugged from the power too), push and hold the power button on the computer for 10 seconds, release, put CMOS battery back in, plug computer power back in, should work then.

I think he's on a domain, which would have nothing to do with the cmos =\

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

yeah there on a domain

I have 3 hours of playtime tomorrow in my networking class, same exact setup, I'll figure something out.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Wicked, that password prompt you're encountering is for the BIOS lock. In other words, you're not even at an operating system level yet...that's just to get past the BIOS. The best way around that is to reset the BIOS, and clear the CMOS. There should be a jumper on the motherboard that can take care of this. If not, remove the cmos battery for at least 15 seconds and then pop it back in. Let us know what happens.

I have 3 hours of playtime tomorrow in my networking class, same exact setup, I'll figure something out.

thanks mang i would appreciate that.

last week we had i guy quit and before he left he must of setup passwords on 2 out of 3 computers and monday of this week when we turned on the computers we couldn't get past the damn password part. I know it was him because the computer that doesnt have a password on it i know for a fact he never touched it because its a busy computer and he would of never had a chance to do anything to it.

banner2.jpghttp://www.DCSOUNDLAB.com/01 Chevy Silverado X-CabPioneer 4900 in Dash3 Stinger 2150'sIraggi 260 amp Alt.1/0 Stinger Wiring(2) DC lvl 5 18's(2) Hifonics Cyclops10 cu box tuned to 27hz

this is all a little misleading...if you have to push ctrl-alt-del then it should be a windows password issue, in which case the ultimate boot cd will work to change the pw (safe mode + networking wont because you then have to login and since he doesn know the local administrator password he is out of luck there, that is of course unless you didnt try username of administrator and a blank password?).

Since you say you are on a domain, ensure you are changing the log on to option to local computer if you are trying to login with administrator (you may have to click Options on the login screen to get it to show). Either way if you are a domain admin, you should be able to login to the domain with that account regardless of what the guy set the password to on the local machine.

if it is a bios password you can either try pulling the cmos battery, wait 5 mins re-insert and it should have forgotten the password. its unlikely its a bios password as it would not support a username.

are you perhaps running a third party app for security?

are you in IT at your job? if not, call them.

this is all a little misleading...if you have to push ctrl-alt-del then it should be a windows password issue, in which case the ultimate boot cd will work to change the pw (safe mode + networking wont because you then have to login and since he doesn know the local administrator password he is out of luck there, that is of course unless you didnt try username of administrator and a blank password?).

Since you say you are on a domain, ensure you are changing the log on to option to local computer if you are trying to login with administrator (you may have to click Options on the login screen to get it to show). Either way if you are a domain admin, you should be able to login to the domain with that account regardless of what the guy set the password to on the local machine.

if it is a bios password you can either try pulling the cmos battery, wait 5 mins re-insert and it should have forgotten the password. its unlikely its a bios password as it would not support a username.

are you perhaps running a third party app for security?

are you in IT at your job? if not, call them.

no im not the IT we don't have one here we have just kind of done our on thing we are a small family owned business.

these are warehouse computers and since i'm in charge i'm trying to get these back up without having to hire anyone else to do it but it's not looking so good.

i tried the cmos battery and that didn't work, starts right up the same asking me for a password.

anymore things i can try before i call somebody?

banner2.jpghttp://www.DCSOUNDLAB.com/01 Chevy Silverado X-CabPioneer 4900 in Dash3 Stinger 2150'sIraggi 260 amp Alt.1/0 Stinger Wiring(2) DC lvl 5 18's(2) Hifonics Cyclops10 cu box tuned to 27hz

you didnt answer any of my questions. is it a windows password prompt or something else altogether (any names/logos being shown)? have you tried the ultimate boot cd? did you try any of the password combos mentioned in this thread? If this is a small family owned shop with no IT, then its unlikely you are on a domain. more likely its a workgroup, correct? if its a domain then you have a windows server nt4, 2000 AD or 2003 machine that you can use to change this guys password.

you can also call the manufacturer of the computer and get them to describe what you have to do to clear the cmos if it is a bios password. sometimes you have to pull the battery and/or move a jumper/push a button on the mobo to clear it.