how to design a GP

what is the "best" setup for a ground pounder?  i have a 1990 astro van and 8kw to play with. i know it is very subjective, but what type of box and tuning freq's have had the best performance.  wall? just a big ass box behind the second row of captains chairs?

wanting to start tearing apart and building van soon, so any help would be great.  i am no longer going all out spl. this site has helped me see the light and realize playing actual music is more impressive than a test tone.

thanks in advance for the help!

L8R

yes it will, but not wanting a 60hz tuned box.  would prefer to be able to bang the hell out of it and make the eyeballs hurt than hit a 160dB on the meter.  it impresses me more when somebody shakes the ground from blocks away than hit a big number on a single test tone.  so i dont necessarily care if it hits a 155 or better, but would love to shake everything else around.

well.. mr. meade has his civic wall tuned to what? i think it was like 32 hz?  maybe go for 35-40 and as for subs.. I really like the RF T2's and Digital Designs 9515 ... maybe 4 T2 15's or 4 Digital Designs 9115's  not recommending these for you just telling you what i like and what hits really hard.

18's in a wall to come....Its not all about the posts....check the member #...

A wall is not the "best" idea if you like all the boys to be back there, you're going to have them crying in about 4 miles down the rode. A wall would be the best idea if you're still wanting to hit a high number, but the deepness (not low notes, the deep roar) will be a little harder to get with a box, reason why many people tune them so high. Either way it's going to rock. FI Audio Bro, wholesale price, one on one business setup. Just talk to Scott he'll get you all set up. With their price you could put 6-8 15's back there. BTL's are 2000w RMS and Q's are 1000w RMS.

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609

is scott at fi audio? and i would build a wall behind the second row if it would make groundpounding louder.  where do most tune their gp setups? 30-35hz? the numbers on the meter aint all that important, but shaking the shit out of everybody within earshot is.  also, is a ported box necessarily better for gp-ing? or just a ton of power?  i could get 2 more 4kw's and run 16kw, but that would take a little time.

any help is greatly appreciated as this is my first venture into groundpounding.

Walls are usually better at high Hz, but not to high, in the 45-60 Hz range, I'd still tuned it to around 30Hz, so you can still hit the low lows. Yeah Scott is the contact @ FI AUDIO. He's a real kool guy. 4 15" would do great in a wall setup. Yes Porting makes thing louder in my case, creates deepness, and much easier to tune.

4 15" BTL's from Fi

2 T30001bd's Rockford Fosgate

In a 20 cubic foot wall setup

Tuned at 30Hz

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609

Archived