Second Skin Audio

Enclosure for 2 SA-15's

MrSevs

So I recently switched out a Sundown X15for 2 Sundown SA15's (D2 ohm). Although I love the SPL I'm getting out of these I question the enclosure the shop made for me. The outer dimensions are 17 1/4" tall, a length of 39 1/4" and 14 3/4" front to back. The port is 4" wide and is on the side of the enclosure. I am not sure of any bracing or how long the port runs but I feel (could be wrong) that this enclosure is to small for these subs. Can anyone express there opinions about this?

If this helps; I am powering them with a SCV-2000D wired at .5ohms.

Yeah that's way too small. There is only 4.55 cubes gross internal volume, who knows how much of that is taken up by port and sub displacements.

And that's assuming a single baffle and no bracing.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I'd shoot for 6-8 cubes of net airspace. 100 sq in of port tuned to 32 Hz.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

My trunk dimensions are... 42" wide, 20" tall and 34" deep. I have a little more trunk space than that but the trunk narrows as it goes towards the front of the vehicle. It is a 2013 Hyundai Azera.

Archived