MrSevs Posted May 6, 2015 Report Posted May 6, 2015 So I recently switched out a Sundown X15for 2 Sundown SA15's (D2 ohm). Although I love the SPL I'm getting out of these I question the enclosure the shop made for me. The outer dimensions are 17 1/4" tall, a length of 39 1/4" and 14 3/4" front to back. The port is 4" wide and is on the side of the enclosure. I am not sure of any bracing or how long the port runs but I feel (could be wrong) that this enclosure is to small for these subs. Can anyone express there opinions about this? If this helps; I am powering them with a SCV-2000D wired at .5ohms.
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 6, 2015 Report Posted May 6, 2015 Yeah that's way too small. There is only 4.55 cubes gross internal volume, who knows how much of that is taken up by port and sub displacements. And that's assuming a single baffle and no bracing. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
MrSevs Posted May 6, 2015 Author Report Posted May 6, 2015 I had a feeling! My 1 X15 had roughly the same volume.
MrSevs Posted May 6, 2015 Author Report Posted May 6, 2015 Any recommendations on an enclosure? I don't mind taking up most of my trunk space if I have to.
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 6, 2015 Report Posted May 6, 2015 I'd shoot for 6-8 cubes of net airspace. 100 sq in of port tuned to 32 Hz. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Joe X Posted May 6, 2015 Report Posted May 6, 2015 Any recommendations on an enclosure? I don't mind taking up most of my trunk space if I have to. Something like the above, for more help post max dims for a box and the vehicle.
MrSevs Posted May 6, 2015 Author Report Posted May 6, 2015 Thanks! Who here can help me with a design? The last thing I wanna do is have them build me another one.
MrSevs Posted May 6, 2015 Author Report Posted May 6, 2015 Sorry Joe X... I didnt see your reply until I replied...
MrSevs Posted May 6, 2015 Author Report Posted May 6, 2015 My trunk dimensions are... 42" wide, 20" tall and 34" deep. I have a little more trunk space than that but the trunk narrows as it goes towards the front of the vehicle. It is a 2013 Hyundai Azera.
Joe X Posted May 6, 2015 Report Posted May 6, 2015 Never mind. There's even a sundownbox on their site, if it fits you are good to go.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.