smity Posted May 9, 2015 Report Posted May 9, 2015 This is my first post and my first big box design. Everything said is pure developement/understanding, nothing will get done soon because I don't have a job right now but hopefully luck is on my side. Anyway, I want to do a battery bank of two XS D1200's along my back hatch. I'm doing to do a XS D3400 under the hood, and add a second run of 1/0 ofc. I have rough sketches of what I'm looking for in the design of the box but I don't know how to upload them. Help and ideas are much appreciated.
smity Posted May 9, 2015 Author Report Posted May 9, 2015 I want to do like a T design box, because my tire wells take up some of my cargo area, plus where the box 90's above the wheel well it will make a cubby hole for wires to run through. I'm thinking about putting the sealed section of the 4th between the two wheel wells with the subs inverted into the ported section, above the wheel well. I have no idea how big the sealed or ported section needs to be for 2) Sp4 15's.
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 9, 2015 Report Posted May 9, 2015 Why do you want to build a band pass box? What are your goals for the system? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
smity Posted May 9, 2015 Author Report Posted May 9, 2015 I want to move lots of air and just be a ground pounder. I drive around all the time just hammering away and a 5 cube box tuned to 32 hz with a single 12 isnt enough.
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 9, 2015 Report Posted May 9, 2015 A regular ported box will mostly likely give you better performance than a band pass box will. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted May 9, 2015 Report Posted May 9, 2015 I'd make my first goal my system sounding good not move lots of air and do hair tricks. What's it matter if it does those things if it sounds horrible doing it?. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
smity Posted May 9, 2015 Author Report Posted May 9, 2015 Ya sq is a main goal but everything else ive said are all things id like to be able to do. I think it'd just be easier to achieve them all in a 4th. Can anyone explain how to upload pics?
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 9, 2015 Report Posted May 9, 2015 Ya sq is a main goal but everything else ive said are all things id like to be able to do. I think it'd just be easier to achieve them all in a 4th. Can anyone explain how to upload pics? Why do you think it will be easier with a fourth order band pass box? (Ported boxes are 4th order designs too BTW). I'm not trying to be a dick, I only ask because band pass boxes are not well understood by most and I'm trying to help you avoid some possible disappointment. I'm just trying to understand your reasoning. Here is how to post pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160056-how-to-post-pictures-on-the-forum-photobucket/ Alternatively you can use imgur.com as well. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
smity Posted May 11, 2015 Author Report Posted May 11, 2015 In my Isuzu back hatch is 22" by 48" roughly, I'm not sure. I don't want to get rid of my back seats and I don't think I could build a big enough box for 2) 15's that's ported and leave room for a battery bank at the very back. I think it would be easier to build up with a 4th order put the sealed section at the bottom with the port about head rest level. The box i have now is as big of a base as I can go, I don't have dimensions at the moment, but it leaves me room for 6 XS Power D1200 and room to build an amp rack above them.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.