Second Skin Audio

Subs Forward/port Back In A Trunk

CUT BUDDY

I was reading somewhere that in a mustang a guy did subs forward/aero ports side......then he did subs back/aeros side. He said that subs back was the loudest on the meter but subs forward/aeros side was the loudest to the ear. Anybody tried this or heard anybody with good results with flared aeros facing side in a trunk?

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

ive heard from another member on here that firing the subs to the side works well for spl purposes in a trunk....sub positioning is probably more dependent on the type of car imo...

whenever i get a job and get the cash for a rebuild and upgrade i am going to try it out...

i likes me some audio stuff...

I have my subs forward and aero ports to left side.

gets pretty loud.

im gonna do a mini wall.

when u say to the left do u mean they are on the passenger side or driver's side? I was told the passenger side. The reason why Im asking is I was going to get 12s but Id rather have 15s and room is an issue. But I could get them in there this way in a shared 8.6ft3 or 8.4ft3 enclosure with 2-6" flared aeros tuned to 32hz....it would be about 8ft3 after port displacement. I would still have room for the amps and batteries.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

Archived