Black Beauty Project Build - 06 Ford F-250 Super Duty **1/27/18 - New pics starting on page 41**

We all know that's bullshit. There's no comparing the amount of times anyone here changes their mind to the amount of changes you go through. LOL

On another note, I did pick this up yesterday. Nice little piece of equipment here! Now, if I could source a Denon DCT-Z1 or a nice quality Black Denon Head unit without having to sell one of my children to get it, I may consider running a head unit inline with the tablet. But we'll see.

12654486_335571943233421_812124943015773

12644836_335571959900086_691737995344600

you're doing it wrong. You don't sell your children you put them to work and use the proceeds for said Headunit. Done and done.

Have you ever seen an 11 and 9 year old be productive. Yeah me either. They'll cost me more money than I'll make!! LMAO!! I can't even get them to keep their rooms clean!

Ok a little update, not much of one, but a little one.

Got this in the mail yesterday:

20160205_071855.jpg

20160205_071927.jpg

20160205_071919.jpg

20160205_071931.jpg

Really the only damage on it.

20160205_071938.jpg

20160205_071943.jpg

I actually have a bit of free time tomorrow. So I'm going to go clean the shop tonight and tomorrow morning. I have to get my daughter started on her mission project, but she wants to do it all, so I think I may set her up outside of the shop on a table and let her go to work that way I can do two things at once. It's supposed to be really nice this weekend. So once I get all that cleaned up and the shop functional again, I'll get back to working on this project.

As I said before, I've bought the Ampere Audio JM-1 from Kyle (thanks buddy), and so I'm going to put the SDU on the back burner for now. I'll get started back up on the dash and getting that tablet installed. Maybe I can even start on that this weekend. We'll see. I may scrap the holder and start over. I have another idea and I think this might work better for me, but we'll have to see what room I have to work with on it. Need to check my filler and resin supplies. I have a feeling I may need to order some new stuff. But we'll see.

Ok that's it for now. Some kind of updates will happen soon folks. Time to get this thing rollin in the right direction!

EDIT: You know, I went through all that and forgot to mention what this bad boy is going to be for. So I'm going to put this in line so I can see my volume on the system. It'll go in between the tablet and the JM-1, so it'll basically be the main volume, but I think it'll work out fine. It'll go something like this:

Tablet > HDMI Distribution Splitter > Sure Electronics Digital Volume Board (via RCA's) > Denon Volume Meter > JM-1 > Amplifiers (for sub I'll be using the remote knob for now)

Well I made a ton of progress this weekend. It wasn't the car audio portion I wanted to get to, doing the dash mount. However, I built shelves for the entire shop to get stuff up off of the workbench, removed the big shelf unit that was in there to make a new shelf for my big Milwaukee Tool Box, and then shelf under it for my new band saw, drill press, and scroll saw. Now I have about 12' of open workbench that I didn't have before. I have about 45 - 50' of open secondary shelves to put stuff on. I just have to get some more roamex to finish wiring up the lights and I'll be ready to do a thorough cleaning on the whole shop and can get to work on the install stuff.

It's not what I wanted to do, the modular movable cabinets, but it'll work for now. I still want to make a cabinet for the router and table saw, but for now that is going to take to the back burner. I also bought some half inch ply this weekend for the amp rack in the truck. I was hoping to get to that, but didn't. Spent more time on these shelves than I thought I would, plus helping my daughter with her mission school project, and soccer plus super bowl yesterday. Was a busy weekend!

Pics uploading now.

Here are the pics of the shelves.

Here's the new shelf structure for the tool box and other machinery. The bottom shelf will house the band saw, scroll saw, drill press, and we'll see what else may fit in there. The idea is to have a mounting spot to the right of that shelf on the workbench. To the left of that, in front of the compressor, will go my new welding cart. No I don't know how to weld yet, but I bought one in the event that I can learn to weld, and now I'm organized with this cart to be able to for it when the time comes.

20160206_190034.jpg

Here. I will put some threaded inserts into the workbench here and I can just pick up the machine I'm going to use, and then screw it down to keep it stable, and plug it in and go. I need to run a couple of outlets but that won't be a problem. This picture also shows the upper shelf I built, as well as where the tool box was at (blue carpeted area). Obviously it needs to be cleaned up still, but that will happen as soon as the lights are finished (hopefully tonight). I'm going to leave the carpet there, vacuum it so it's nice and clean, and then I can work on things like the dash panel there, and whatever else, that I can work on and not have to worry about scratching it on a hard surface.

20160206_190041.jpg

Here, on the right, you can see the refrigerator. I actually got that after the bottom shelves were already done, so it won't go all the way back. I'm going to cut that bottom shelf back, and add an outlet back there, so it can be plugged into it's own outlet, and also so it's tucked in under the workbench. Should open up that area a bit more.

20160206_190048.jpg

This is the other side of the workbench. It's a disaster! See why I don't have any workspace. I don't put shit away, and things are so damn unorganized! Upper shelves here too all the way around.

20160206_190056.jpg

These are going to come down. The lights are going to change as well. I bought 2 more 4' lights, I'm going to put in the middle of the ceiling. The other 4 lights that are already in there, will be moved to under the upper shelves. This will give me directed light on each workbench area.

20160206_190156.jpg

Other plans I have.

1 - I want to tap into the air line on the compressor, and run a couple of outlets in a couple of areas. Run a couple of shorty lines so I can use air tools in here as well. Right now the line is running outside to my hose reel, and that works great for outside, however, I want to be able to use it inside too.

2 - I'm going to see about setting up for the tablet in here somewhere. Or a radio somehow. I may see about a cheap head unit instead, I can use an auxiliary or blue tooth connection for the tablet or phone or even computer. Recall I have the Morel speaker boxes I made for the shop, as well as, a crescendo 4 channel amp. I'll use those together and get a nice little sound system together.

3 - I want to seal up the whole shop. It's a bit late where the exposed studs are at, since the benches are already made, but I can cut around them. I want to insulate the shop, cover the ceiling, cover the walls, and then put a wall mount a/c unit in there. It will help for sound proofing, but also help for summers where it's stifling in there, I can work in there if I want and be semi comfortable.

4 - some kind of vacuum system. Not sure on this, but I'll need something that I can use for say the area where the band saw, drill press, scroll saw, etc are at. We'll see what I can come up with down the road.

Question: I just had a thought on a router table. I wonder if I could cut a big hole in the workbench to the left of the compressor. I wonder if it's a big enough space to work in. It's about 24" deep by 48" wide. The grinder is there, but I could move that and use it in the same capacity as the other stuff. Removable and store away able.

I think that's it for now. The lights are already moved, and the fans already taken out, shelves are screwed down, and I'm just about ready to put everything back in.

Well I managed to get some stuff done in the shop last night. I got all the lights up and got everything back inside that was sitting outside. Take a look.

And let there be light!! The ones in the middle are the brightest. I think they're like daylight type or something. Definitely a different light. Which is ok, it gives good light throughout the shop, but the ones under are not as harsh because they're a little different, not dimmer, but softer.

20160209_200610.jpg

20160209_200553.jpg

20160209_200602.jpg

Also got my XL15's out of the garage and they were the first things to go up on the shelves. This will be their home for quite a while. I'll probably do the sub enclosure last. It's probably the easiest part of the build, building the enclosure. So that will be last.

20160209_201047.jpg

Also got some other stuff up there, empty baskets, the AA 10, my shop Morel Speakers I need to get installed, and then of course I have to represent! LOL Singer and Ampere Audio FTMFW!!! Need to find my DC Audio and Sky High ones too.

20160209_212507.jpg

Also, here's what I was talking about for my machinery under the tool box. The drill press is actually a little bigger than I was expecting. But it'll work. The Router table will go there for now, until I can get a table built for it and the table saw. But then the scroll saw sits right on top. I may do a little shelf so they can be separated, so I don't have to remove one to get the other out. But it's not high on the list right now.

20160209_210350.jpg

Welding cart goes next to it.

20160209_213359.jpg

And just like that, everything is a god damn mess again!!! But that's ok, we have a 3 day weekend this weekend and I'll get it all cleaned up and organized. I want to get some bins for the shelves, to separate everything. That should help keep things organized. I may see about getting the amp and speakers up and running this weekend as well.

20160209_213814.jpg

20160209_213819.jpg

So it's getting closer. I want to put a coat of filler on the dash this weekend while i work, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not. I may end up forgetting to sand it at the green stage and then i'll have a pain in the ass on my hands! So we'll see.

Getting closer to getting this thing under way!

Awesome man! Did you switch over to LED lights since you went through all that trouble? The color definitely looks like it will cut down on eye fatigue

My 4ft LED shop light is bright as shit and only draws 7W. lol

Archived