Jordan Thurston Posted May 13, 2015 Report Posted May 13, 2015 Finally got around to replacing the stock radio in my 2012 impala. I can't beleive the difference it made its like night and day. I wish I would have done it a long time ago. Well anyways the radio is a pioneer avh-271bt double din touch screen radio so far I love it it's easy to use and has all the features I was looking for. I did have an issue with the dash kit I bought the radio didn't fit very well into the trim peice on the bracket still looks ok just doesn't sit flush like I thought it would I'll post some pics tomorrow of the install see what you guys think.
Jordan Thurston Posted May 13, 2015 Author Report Posted May 13, 2015 Ok so I decide to get a different radio I'm returning this one and going with a pioneer avh-x4700bs it has the input for steering wheel controls and the input of the xm adaptor originally I didn't care about that but found a good deal on this new radio but I need a better dash kit this scoche one kinda sucks what would be a good dash kit for the new radio that will fit the radio and the dash right without a lot of gap ?
reedal Posted May 13, 2015 Report Posted May 13, 2015 Metra SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Jordan Thurston Posted May 14, 2015 Author Report Posted May 14, 2015 http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000K52CWO/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER This is the one I'm getting the radio I'm going to get folds down to put a cd or dvd In and the way the mount I have now is you wouldn't be able to fold it down
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.