Sonic Electronix

sound deadening roof. how many people gain or lost db's?

Ouch

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Don't want to highjack thread but I'm planning on deading my roof where our the most critical spots to deaden. I have 4 about XFLS subs up port back. To stop flex because my roof flexes like a mofo.

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Don't want to highjack thread but I'm planning on deading my roof where our the most critical spots to deaden. I have 4 about XFLS subs up port back. To stop flex because my roof flexes like a mofo.

xfl's wft!!!20150322_112824_zpskuwzt99n.jpg

That's really not a bad price compared to some quotes I got last year. A couple places told me it would cost a g to do the roof.

It takes probably 3-5 Hours to do a whole roof with prep work included, not sure what car audio labor is per hour but at 650 it would be well over 100 per hour. Some shops really exaggerate their prices. OP just do it yourself, make sure the area is CLEAN before applying, lay the sheets out in the sun for a few or use a heat gun to heat it up and make it flexible. I have rattle trap on my truck all around. It was pretty cheap, has no smell that I can perceive and it has held on for years. Although if I had the money I would probably go SHCA, Second Skin, Tantric etc ...

Take headliner down and bass, make a note of where the roof is flexing most, but I bet it'll be all of the roof. Just do all of it. Multiple layers, you're already taking the headliner down. might as well do it all.

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

Hey rodlow what Ru running on those XFLS?

IMAG4763_zpsm628qo6z.jpg

I'm planning on deadening my roof. If I do it myself I can save alot of money on installation. But I'm inexperienced. A local shop told me for 650 they would do the labor with me bringing the equipment. That includes laying the deadener adding bracing and spraying foam.

I don't want to spend that much if I'm going to lose db's on the meter. How many of you have lost by adding deadener to the roof?

650 to lay down some deadener and spray some foam? Sounds like fucking robbery to me
of course it does people getting paid for a living is always robbery.

Archived