wiring question

I have a very very simple set up compared to most of the users on this site.

I have a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado.

Using a Memphis Belle 16-MCH1300.

5 channel amp

75 x 4@ 4 ohm

1100 x 1@ 1 ohm

I'm running a Memphis Mojo M3 D2 at 1ohm.

I have used 4 gauge wire in my previous vehicle with the same setup. I do plan on eventually upgrading the stock Alt and battery. I don't plan on doing anything bigger anytime soon in terms of power.

I have the 4 gauge wire currently and was wondering if it would be sufficient or if I would benefit from upgrading to 0 gauge on this current set up?

Your max current draw would be pushing the limits of the 4 gauge depending on the length of the run.

If it's in your budget get the 1/0.

Nice gear by the way.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Thanks for the reply.

I already have the 4 gauge wire, that's the only reason I'm asking. If it will make a differenve, I guess I will get the 0 gauge soon.

Yeah the equipment is nice, few years old. I have a set of brand new Memphis 6.5 components 15-MCC6, for the front doors. I plan on getting another set sometime soon.

If it's within your budget and time, i'd definitely throw some 1/0 in there. If you ever do decide to upgrade power for whatever reason, you'll at least have that much done already. And, it won't hurt your current setup.

Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.

Archived