Second Skin Audio

Re audio 18". Xxx?

Large sealed I hear. I had mine in 8ft but now it's in 5.5 behind the seat. I'm thinking of doing a wall and letting the back wave go infinite baffle. The whole back hatch area of the car is very solid. How do you think that would sound? Might be able to use the excursion of that sucker finally!

It acts really well in sealed. Hits all the low notes and stays really tight. Compared to the jblw15gti, which I thought played low, this seems to play a full octave lower. It was tricky to get it to not sound overpowering. Proper crossover and front stage setup was key. And time alignment!!! Now it just disappears into the front stage. Eventually i will be trying a ported box on this. I have small hatchback so back seats will have to come out. Good luck with yours!

Tell me what type of box you do. Ported or not lol

i just got mines today it weighs a ton man

imma get rid of the 4 re sxx 15"s i have to get a second one for my avalanche.

This sub is aimed more to be musical correct?

You may find this interesting. All xxx subs are the overhung coils now. I was just on the phone with them. Apparently they are more efficient now and because of the massive coil it handled the heat better resulting in more power handling. I've been giving mine everything from a 2400 watt underrated amp and I know it would handle more. Have fun with yours.

Archived