Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

hidden from sight port????


dsw422

Recommended Posts

Posted

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

Use the vent length calculator at the bottom. Plug in your gross volume, height and width of port (9.5x2.5) and tuning frequency and that will give you how long the port needs to be total.

Posted

Yes, I have done that... I'm just wondering if my figure for the depth average is correct

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

Posted

I don't understand how you got an average higher than any of the numbers you listed

In the link u gave, it said to averge the depth at top of port, and below.. to do average, you take the sum of them and divide by 2...

My top depth is 7.25 and bottom depth is 16.65.. add those together u get 22.9 and divide by 2 is 11.45.. that is the average depth of the port..

The L part of the port is the inside piece which is parallel to the back wall.. I need a total port length of 15, so I'll need 3.55 length

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

Posted

It appears so. Those aren't the numbers you gave in your other post. That's why I said that. I am also curious as to why you didn't figure out port before building the box

Posted

It appears so. Those aren't the numbers you gave in your other post. That's why I said that. I am also curious as to why you didn't figure out port before building the box

Ok good.. whew.. lol..

I thought I had it right.. I was going to use 2 3 Inch tubes out of the raised sections on the box.. but I calculated the wrong length and port area wasn't sufficient..

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

Posted

You should try using WinISD or a similar program to model what your port velocity will be with that box volume, tuning, and port volume and area. It's recommended to get it below 25m/s. You might find out you still don't have enough port area, possibly causing port noise and inefficiency

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3125 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...