Hertz_So_Good Posted May 18, 2015 Author Report Posted May 18, 2015 Cool, thanks. Yea I downloaded skethup about a week ago and looked at the box from sundowns site.. Just pulled it up again. One more thing, there is a local guy who builds box's and said he would build like me one for free (since I have been having all these issues) if I provide the supplies and the cut sheet with specs. With that being said, do you want me to go with the box you posted in my other thread? or the one from sundowns site?
Joe X Posted May 18, 2015 Report Posted May 18, 2015 Sundown's box will work well obviously but I have not ever calculated the tuning on it. Other than that you could build either, given that port clearance is met.
Hertz_So_Good Posted May 18, 2015 Author Report Posted May 18, 2015 Ok, thank you again for all of you help. Once I get the box built I will come back and upload pics/videos and how it compares to the shops box.
Joe X Posted May 18, 2015 Report Posted May 18, 2015 Sundown's box came to ~3.3 net per chamber @31Hz, 98.56 square inches of total port area. Single sa-12 driver displacement is 0.17 cubic feet was factored in.
Cj Kumz Posted May 18, 2015 Report Posted May 18, 2015 The sundown box spec looks great though tuning to around 31hz makes you sacrifice some spl. But if you a decaf person it should be fine plus sundown is known for its low end response. Personally I would shorten the port to give me around 34hz. Though in the exact same dimensions that would up the space to around 3.7cubes per driver Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Hertz_So_Good Posted May 18, 2015 Author Report Posted May 18, 2015 Sundown's box came to ~3.3 net per chamber @31Hz, 98.56 square inches of total port area. Single sa-12 driver displacement is 0.17 cubic feet was factored in. Just a heads up, Not sure how much it changes anything, but I have 15s
Joe X Posted May 18, 2015 Report Posted May 18, 2015 Nothing, they give 3.3 net per side and about 6.6 net total which is fine for 15s.
Hertz_So_Good Posted June 16, 2015 Author Report Posted June 16, 2015 Hey guys, sorry I was gone for soo long. I built the new box and made several upgrades, then went to slamology. Here are some pics. 146.18 Also, here is a video on the system in action with all the new changes I am loving it, other than the fact that I have destroyed every roof brace that I have. That will be my project next weekend, to get the headliner out re-weld the braces and get more support and sound deadening in the roof.
Cj Kumz Posted June 16, 2015 Report Posted June 16, 2015 Looks great man... Neat install too Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.