Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Single Zv4 15 enclosure help


Recommended Posts

Posted

Im building a trunk wall for my 2010 malibu. I will be running the zv4 with a BE.2500.The dimensions of the box are 35" wide, 16"tall, and 20" deep. total volume is 5.1cu. I would like to use an aero port, tuned to 30hz. My question is, what size port do you think would be enough? I used an online calculator and found that a 6" aero that is 13.1" long will get me 30hz but im wondering whether or not there is going to be enough port area. Sundown recommends 68 square inches of port area. Should I do the 6" aero port, or maybe try an 8"?

Thank you.

Posted

A 6inch port has 28sq inches of port area.

An 8inch port has 50sq inches of port area.. Sundown knows why the recommend minimum port area so don't ignore it. Though you might be able to get away with the 8inch port if you lucky. 10inch would be perfect

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

Slot port. Its only way you are going to fit enough port area.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

Would I be able to do two 6" ports? I've always thought more ports doesn't put out as good as single ports.

From a port area perspective, they wouldn't be ideal, but would probably be satisfactory. I don't think you will be able to fit them in your space w/o putting bends in them. If you have to put bends in them, might as well go slot port.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

With the dimensions you give if you used a slot port of recommeded port area your net volume would drop well below Sundown's reccomendation.

Unless you can expand those dimesions 2 6" port remain a reasonable option if you don't mind bending, in any case the slot port will also need to bend.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9033 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...