Upgrade Options?

Currently I drive a 00 Sunfire with no sound deadening, crappy walmart Sony Xlpodes for components, stock HU, and shitty duals. I did build my own box for the duals and they sound a lot better than they did in the box they came in, but my system still sucks.

I'm limited on cash being a college student and all, but I don't want to skimp on stuff just because. I'd rather save up for something nice if I have to. Also, I posted this in the SQ forum because that is my main concern. I mostly listen to rap and would really like to enjoy my music, and with thoughts of getting an in-dash DVD unit, that's something to think about too. I also want to be really loud as well though... for those times you just feel like showing off.

If you guys were in my situation and wanted a really nice SQ setup that got really loud as well, what would you guys do? Being tight on money I would probably be upgrading one thing at a time. Any product recommendations? Originally I was going to first Dynamat my car (trunk rattles really bad even with just duals), then get two 10" FI Q's (the box the Duals are in are actually built to spec for the FI's), a Sundown Audio 1500D, a Pioneer in-dash DVD unit, and I had no idea about components or an amp for components. There's also electrical in my car and wire to worry about too.. Will perform the Big 3, and I'm assuming I'd need a better alternator and battery. Any wire recommendations for doing the Big 3?

Also, keep in mind where I live the only decent system is a friend of mine who has 2 Alpine Type X's. So that's the only thing I've really heard besides cheap walmart / best buy stuff.

Edited by KoolDrew

Currently I drive a 00 Sunfire with no sound deadening, crappy walmart Sony Xlpodes for components, stock HU, and shitty duals. I did build my own box for the duals and they sound a lot better than they did in the box they came in, but my system still sucks.

I'm limited on cash being a college student and all, but I don't want to skimp on stuff just because. I'd rather save up for something nice if I have to. Also, I posted this in the SQ forum because that is my main concern. I mostly listen to rap and would really like to enjoy my music, and with thoughts of getting an in-dash DVD unit, that's something to think about too. I also want to be really loud as well though... for those times you just feel like showing off.

If you guys were in my situation and wanted a really nice SQ setup that got really loud as well, what would you guys do? Being tight on money I would probably be upgrading one thing at a time. Any product recommendations? Originally I was going to first Dynamat my car (trunk rattles really bad even with just duals), then get two 10" FI Q's (the box the Duals are in are actually built to spec for the FI's), a Sundown Audio 1500D, a Pioneer in-dash DVD unit, and I had no idea about components or an amp for components. There's also electrical in my car and wire to worry about too..

Also, keep in mind where I live the only decent system is a friend of mine who has 2 Alpine Type X's. So that's the only thing I've really heard besides cheap walmart / best buy stuff.

you havent told us what being tight on money is ?

dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

you havent told us what being tight on money is ?

The thing is that I don't really want to set a specific budget, as then I feel like I'm limiting myself. I definitely don't mind saving up a bit more if it means I'm happier in the end. I just don't want to spend something outrageous, like $700 on one subwoofer. I'm a "best bang for your buck" kind of guy. I don't mind spending a lot, but just like anything else I'm assuming it gets to a point where spending more will have diminishing returns. That's what I don't want to do. I also don't want to skimp and think to myself later "I could of spent just $100 more and got something much nicer."

Hope that helps without giving a specific budget...

I think the FI Q are what you are looking for but prolly not the best bang 4 the buck. also sundown is a very decent amp. if your looking to get one cheap i kno db-r.com has em refurb for a decent price.

Fifth Gen Toyota Celica ST

Old system:

Sony Xplod CDX-L550X.

Orion H2

Prefab box. tuned way high

Memphis 16-MC1500D

Lightning Audio B2 3way 6x9's.

Upgraded: ..

Head unit: Eclipse CD5425 5v preamp

Subwoofers: (2) Diamond Audio D6 12's.

Enclosure: 08' Memphis Car Audio enclosure

Amp: DEL Directed Audio 1200t. (class A/B) 2 chan

Also, for the big 3 upgrade i would use 4 ga wire if your only running the stock alt.

Fifth Gen Toyota Celica ST

Old system:

Sony Xplod CDX-L550X.

Orion H2

Prefab box. tuned way high

Memphis 16-MC1500D

Lightning Audio B2 3way 6x9's.

Upgraded: ..

Head unit: Eclipse CD5425 5v preamp

Subwoofers: (2) Diamond Audio D6 12's.

Enclosure: 08' Memphis Car Audio enclosure

Amp: DEL Directed Audio 1200t. (class A/B) 2 chan

alpine type r subs give a nice bit of hit without breaking your wallet too. as for wiring, if you think you are going to end up with a lot anyway, why not just jump straight to 0/1 and save yourself the cost of installing it later? you might never reach the "need" but to have the comfort zone could be worth it to you...especially since its only like an extra $20 or so for 0/1 kit versus a 4 guage kit...knukonceptz is a good brand, with good service and shipping

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.c...allation%20Kits

Hertz mids and highs. Go with high-energy components whether 5 1/4 or 6 1/2, go with the bigger if you can, they are awesome!!!! I listened to alot of stuff before I decided on what I got and I am happy, thats just my own opinion. And don't skimp on an amp or wiring, good quality makes total difference. Check them out if you can.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png