Sundown Audio

Damn Protect Mode Turns Right On Amp Brand New Out Of The Box Wtf?

so i just got my amp the hifonics 2607d and im outside hooking it up positive to positive neg to neg and rem. to rem. turn the key on and it goes straight to protect mode there arent any speaker wired connected or rca's i made sure that there arent any little pieces of strands of wire touching somewhere. everything is good wtf is the problem??

Edited by ROBERT 04XBLZ

My New Build checklist:

(3) 18'' btl fully loaded d2

Did you have an amp connected their already? IF so did you change the wireing at all?

yea i had a smaller one everything was good. i didnt change anything on the wires. just unplugged and replugged. idk what the deal is?

My New Build checklist:

so i just got my amp the hifonics 2607d and im outside hooking it up positive to positive neg to neg and rem. to rem. turn the key on and it goes straight to protect mode there arent any speaker wired connected or rca's i made sure that there arent any little pieces of strands of wire touching somewhere. everything is good wtf is the problem??

well if its brand new, never had any speaker wires or RCA's connected, hooked up right, turned on and went right into protect its 99% likely a bad amp. Just check to make sure you are getting at least 12v at the amp power terminals as well as the remote wire....probably gonna have to send it back

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

well if its brand new, never had any speaker wires or RCA's connected, hooked up right, turned on and went right into protect its 99% likely a bad amp. Just check to make sure you are getting at least 12v at the amp power terminals as well as the remote wire....probably gonna have to send it back

uugggghhh i really hope not :angry:

My New Build checklist:

Nothing really.... If it a bad amp, which I think it is if it went into protect right away.... Send it back for warranty

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

Do you have a digital multimeter so you can check the voltage on the power and remote wire? Did you check your ground?

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.