TortoiseShore Posted May 27, 2015 Report Posted May 27, 2015 Hey all, I have designed a box for a pair of custom RE HC 12's and just want to have someone else look over it before I build. I will post a screenshot of torres if I can ever get it to work. It is ~4 cubes net tuned to ~33 according to torres and it has 74.25 in^2 of port area. My main concern is will there be any issues with unloading because of the port? I know there are a lot of designs similar to this, but it seems the sub on the left would unload. TIA!
Joe X Posted May 27, 2015 Report Posted May 27, 2015 I wouldn't expect it (or anything serious at least) from the pic you posted but if you are a bit scared do the port in the middle.
TortoiseShore Posted May 27, 2015 Author Report Posted May 27, 2015 I wouldn't expect it (or anything serious at least) from the pic you posted but if you are a bit scared do the port in the middle.I'll probably roll with this one if it shouldn't be an issue. I just didn't know because the last L port I did only bent a coupletter inches
TortoiseShore Posted May 27, 2015 Author Report Posted May 27, 2015 Also, how should I go about bracing the back wall? I was thinking about doing a dowel from front to back, but the port is just a tad too long to do so
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 27, 2015 Report Posted May 27, 2015 Just put the dowel through the port too. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.