Second Skin Audio

Firing Threw Rear Deck

any one gots some pics or ideas of firing subs threw rear deck in cars that dont have flip down seats. im tryin to get as much bass in the car as possible with out trapping it all in the trunk. or could you fire you subs back and fire you port threw the rear deck. just trin to find out what option is better for us trunk people.

I was going to do the same thing for my friend... (I just made a thread similar to this yesterday)

I was going to mount the subs on the rear deck, with the box hidden below it. It would be a sealed box, so no port. From the advice I was getting, it would be ok to do.

Custom 1977 Chevy Nova Show Car:

(1) Kenwood KDC-MP638U Head Unit

(10) Sony 3" in the dash

(2) Rockford Fosgate P3 12" P3D412

(1) Rockford Fosgate P1000.1bd @ 1ohm

(1) Rockford Fosgate PEQ Bass Remote

(1) Rockford Fosgate 1 Farad Digital Capacitor RFC1D

All Rockford Fosgate 4AWG Power/Ground wire

Under construction:

(2) Rockford Fosgate P162C 6.0" 2-Way Full-Range Speakers up front

(2) Rockford Fosgate P1694C 6"x9" 4-Way Full-Range Speakers in the back

EVERYTHING hidden to maintain authentic look

Don't port it through the back deck (port only) or it will sound like shit. Can you take the seats out and cut a whole through the back deck? I did it before, pretty much fabbed up some brackets so I could fold the seats up and down.

crxsilogozz5.gif

Man you've got some different approaches to do.

Caravan speaks the truth about firing woofers forward and port up or forward works.

If your port throught the rear deck only better make that box a band pass. Which cna still get loud but, your gonna need a box program.

the sealed approach firing at the rear deck works but Sealed boxes gets low and loud but you can get so much louder witha ported box.

Or you can just go old school and fire everything back and dynamat,foam and secure every part of that trunk.

Don't port it through the back deck (port only) or it will sound like shit. Can you take the seats out and cut a whole through the back deck? I did it before, pretty much fabbed up some brackets so I could fold the seats up and down.

man my back seat is a nightmare it so muich computer crap mounted to it so that prolly aint a option.

will it still sound good and loud if the box takes up most of the trunk.

If you do it write. If you build almost like a blow through on a truck it should be OK. Personally I'd build a bandpass. We've done that before. Its not easy. Even with the box building program its not easy.

i have yet to every build a box so im gonna stick to ported, to keep it some what simple.. i havent messed around with wood to much be sides some beautie plates. i do have common skills like measureing, fabercation cutting since i do a lot of stuff with metal. so you think the best bet would be to try and cut the rear deck out and fire subs and port were the reardeck is. or go old school and fire port and subs to the back. i just thought with the old school the box would most all the trunk and have no room to move air.

p.s. thought about using 2 15 inch fi btls, 12,s if i had too.