Suicide P Posted May 29, 2015 Report Posted May 29, 2015 Hey guys I'm getting back into audio after my car got t-boned (subwoofer didnt survive) and now i have a truck. I had an sa12 on 2 cubes running a cx1200 to it 1200@2ohms. I plan on using the same box and amp in my truck but the SA12's are $250 now . Checked out the SQ line up and saw these 1200 rms woofers for around 150. My question is, will 1200 watts be enough to get this thing slamming, I heard they were EXTREMELY stiff. My SA12 slapped on 1200 watts, so am i safer to go with another option or? Suggest me other brands if you think something else it better for around$150-200. Thanks guys.
reedal Posted May 29, 2015 Report Posted May 29, 2015 I had my two on the same amp for a couple years and they did great. They are pretty stiff at first, but they still sound great and get even better as time goes on. I love mine. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Suicide P Posted May 29, 2015 Author Report Posted May 29, 2015 I had my two on the same amp for a couple years and they did great. They are pretty stiff at first, but they still sound great and get even better as time goes on. I love mine. Love when people give a straight to the point no sarcasm answer.
RainStryke Posted May 29, 2015 Report Posted May 29, 2015 Great sub, I love soundqubed. Just know, that HDS312 requires about a quarter inch more in diameter for the mount... so you might need to jigsaw that box a little bit.
krazz619 Posted May 29, 2015 Report Posted May 29, 2015 I can't vouch for other subs, but currently my HDS312 going 1ohm at only 750 and it sounds amazing. I'm only breaking the sub in, until I get my extra battery and 1200.1 So you would not be disappointed with this sub in my opinion 2015 Scion tC DieHard AGM Battery, Stock Alternator, with Big 3 Alpine CDA-105, Hertz Energy 6.5" 3 Way Components, Skar TX65 Coaxials Rockford Fosgate T2D215 Skar RP-1500.1D and RP-150.4AB
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.