New, Different Organized Competition

I have lectured and downed about the style in which NYC guys do competitions here. I can understand everyone's point but this is what they like. Please take a look at this link and tell your honest opinion. I'm trying to get some form of organization to it.

http://deephitters.org/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=48

i dont like it, i never liked comps setup like popularity contest.

An example if you ever been to monstoer trucks, they have a freestyle portion its all decided by judges and crowd reaction. IMO its a total popularity contst if you ever been to one.

I prefer metered results if theres going to be any kind of competitiveness. As soon as theres a variable like judges, its always somethign that can be said is unfair.

i dont like it, i never liked comps setup like popularity contest.

An example if you ever been to monstoer trucks, they have a freestyle portion its all decided by judges and crowd reaction. IMO its a total popularity contst if you ever been to one.

I prefer metered results if theres going to be any kind of competitiveness. As soon as theres a variable like judges, its always somethign that can be said is unfair.

Any suggestions? I did put a meter catergory just in case of the meter need but I'm just stumped on how to get a legitimate way to organize something here in NYC because people are looking for an avenue but the SPL thing is not really popular

well i dont care for the demo style myself, but could see where it would work for "best of show and go" part of a competition...

bumper 2 bumper i like, except the no distoration, lol

but have a meeter in each car so the louder of the 2 wins....and keep with the bracket style

meeter style

"No unfinished boxes, wood and wires everywhere. It can't look like you just put it together the day before competing.

4- It has to play musical tones. No burping."

i cant see where this is a good bit, not everyone does their install to please others, like myself, i use to do all bare mdf with wires and it was perm. install and just the way i could afford to do it, and if i didnt want to go agains a guy with total fiberglass and finished show quality i would loose just because his looked better, even if mine beat his down...

the no burping i can go with that, i get nothing out of a fart box... play music and have fun

and unlike iasca or db, allow the use of home made music if it is music and not just tones, i hate haveing to use a dam cd, my shit skips but usb does not skip and would help alot

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

i would personaly attend alot more shows if i was able to compete with the use of usb... even if i had to go to the judge with a blank thumb drive and have them slap the song(s) they wanted me to play onto the drive and have the judge put the drive in place, put a pice of tape around it so they know i would be cought if altering the device... makeing a cd not skip is a hard task when everything looks like a earth quake is going on in the cab lol...

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

well i dont care for the demo style myself, but could see where it would work for "best of show and go" part of a competition...

bumper 2 bumper i like, except the no distoration, lol

but have a meeter in each car so the louder of the 2 wins....and keep with the bracket style

meeter style

"No unfinished boxes, wood and wires everywhere. It can't look like you just put it together the day before competing.

4- It has to play musical tones. No burping."

i cant see where this is a good bit, not everyone does their install to please others, like myself, i use to do all bare mdf with wires and it was perm. install and just the way i could afford to do it, and if i didnt want to go agains a guy with total fiberglass and finished show quality i would loose just because his looked better, even if mine beat his down...

the no burping i can go with that, i get nothing out of a fart box... play music and have fun

and unlike iasca or db, allow the use of home made music if it is music and not just tones, i hate haveing to use a dam cd, my shit skips but usb does not skip and would help alot

what i mean by "finished" is at least cover the wires and throw some carpet to the box. Music would be at your choice.

i would personaly attend alot more shows if i was able to compete with the use of usb... even if i had to go to the judge with a blank thumb drive and have them slap the song(s) they wanted me to play onto the drive and have the judge put the drive in place, put a pice of tape around it so they know i would be cought if altering the device... makeing a cd not skip is a hard task when everything looks like a earth quake is going on in the cab lol...

you can use a walkman if you want to