2006 F250, secondary alt fits, decisions to make.

So I thought I had found once the size difference between the primary (upper) and secondary (lower) alternator. I recall speaking to Mike about it a few times and he looked it up and did some research on it, and said the secondary was significantly smaller than the primary. Like it would be over 100 amps smaller.

Here is what the dual stock set up looks like:

10923324_297378837052732_651371345483370

And this is the $500 freaking damper apparently I need because it adds the secondary belt for the stock set up. Which was why I said over a grand.

10841990_297378627052753_589621721955538

So that's what the stock set up looks like. But I've looked several times for it, and its really hard to find the brackets and pulleys for this. It doesn't just come in a kit, although it would be smarter to just make a kit for it. The only places I've been able to find it, is once on fleebay and another time someone was selling on a ford forum but he wanted over $300 for it because it was so hard to find. It did not include this damper!

wont spend $300 for a bracket kit

But has $1200 in tires on the truck..

Just get the kit.. Im sure you will have well over 10hrs trying to build a bracket that may or may not work.

If you need help getting parts let me know.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

dang ok for 1k i bet you can fab something up.

it comes down to how hard is it to re route the turbno pipe

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

I know it's a different year but hanks truck is a ford diesel and if I remember right on one video he has his alts like option 1. but was slightly staggered. Like the second alt was more to the radiator. Almost like it's running off it's own belt.

Yes, that's the picture I posted while you posted this I think. WE crossed posts :peepwall: LOL

ninja'd

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

dang ok for 1k i bet you can fab something up.

it comes down to how hard is it to re route the turbno pipe

Well, I think I said it above, I've posted this in a few places so I can't remember, but I think i can loosen the connectors, blue rubber one, and the one up top, and rotate the pipe and I may be able to get enough out of it, without creasing the connector. I may try that tonight after I get home and let the truck cool for a while. Takes me a good 45 minutes to an hour to get home. I have the tools out already from yesterday, and it'll be easy enough to get to to try it and see.

Archived