Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

2 FI BL 12" Box Build. Help!!


Trakend

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all, new here on SMD. Recently bought two dual 2 Ohm FI BL's fully loaded. I need help with building a new box for my 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee. FI recommends 1.5-2.5 cu ft per sub and I'm wanting to basically do a 5 cu ft vented Box. Upward firing woofer, rear facing vent with common chamber would be nice. Wiring the subs to 2 Ohm for my 3000 watt amp. Anyone have a good cut sheet or design I could use? Dimensions to work with would be 38"L 18"H and 16" W . Trying to save room on the sides for my XS Power D 2700. and a little bit of room in the rear. Have a little play with the height and width but would like to keep the length to at least 38". Will be upgrading my alt to a Mechman from the 160 amp stock alt and doing a big 3 in the near future. Any help is very much appreciated.

Posted

Here is a suggestion, had to take some more space to fit the 5 cubes, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3 3/4", figure is just an assembly guide:

bl12.jpg

TSUPB.jpg

45s like this if wanted:

TPort-45s.jpg

Posted

Thank You Joe X. That's a nice box and I was also wanting to tune it to about 34 hz. I'm trying to keep the internal wiring as short as possible when I wire the dual 2 Ohm subs in series parallel to 2 Ohm final so I was hoping for a common chamber with the vent at the bottom maybe. Not sure about a side vent or vents, do those sound alright? I've only had center vended boxes but they don't work well for the way the subs will be wired.

Posted

Ok here's the port across the bottom version if you want that but its some more work to build, similar dimensions, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4", figure is just an assembly guide, bracing is a 1 1/4" wooden dowel rod:

bl12_2.jpg

SUPB15_zps89b0b5fe.jpg

Posted

Bought my MDF and supplies and have the pieces for the enclosure cut and ready to put together hopefully this weekend. I'll take pictures of my progress as I go along. Thank you again Joe X.

Posted

It's there for bracing, no specific length, just a little shorter than the port side walls for aesthetics.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Finally was able to get my box put together last week. I think it came out nice, Still not sure if ill paint it, or carpet it. I'll post a pic of it with my stubs in tomorrow, its already in my Jeep.IMAG0418_zpsmf1j0h1z.jpgIMAG0420_zpsi4me1q6j.jpgIMAG0421_zpsiap0ku7l.jpgIMAG0422_zpsfqhcwgkh.jpgIMAG0424_zpsk3fly87j.jpgIMAG0425_zpstl387zdl.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 548 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...