LazyAF Posted June 5, 2015 Report Posted June 5, 2015 Alright straight to the point... In my engine bay, I have a thick black tube that needs to connect to a smaller tube. The Smaller tube CAN fit snug into the black tube, however it's chipped and the black tube slides off. I don't know what this tube is for but it needs to be plugged back in, and the whole piece that the smaller tube is connected to is actually quite a large piece, looks to be a sensor of some sort. I came here for some advice from you guys, lots of people here know tons of things about wiring and all that and i had no luck in some other forums I tried. One suggestion I got that could be usable, would be to use some kind of heat shrinking tube but I'll need one end of the tube to be big and the other end to be small, and also I'm wary of it shrinking shut and closed inside the engine bay, being right beside my throttle body. here's a simple picture of my problem: http://imgur.com/wiE8Mqz I'd appreciate any input if someone can get some gears grindin on a way to make these 2 pipes connected! ^Me irl
Dan2427 Posted June 5, 2015 Report Posted June 5, 2015 Pic doesn't work for me on mobile. 2003 GMC Yukon Denali Alpine CDA 117 Redoing Mids/Highs 4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2- 4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt. AQ20K 2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!
LazyAF Posted June 5, 2015 Author Report Posted June 5, 2015 Pic doesn't work for me on mobile. Fixed! ^Me irl
Jessica Posted June 5, 2015 Report Posted June 5, 2015 here's a simple picture of my problem: http://imgur.com/wiE8Mqz your camera is messed up man Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
LazyAF Posted June 5, 2015 Author Report Posted June 5, 2015 here's a simple picture of my problem: http://imgur.com/wiE8Mqz your camera is messed up man Links working for me ^Me irl
Jessica Posted June 5, 2015 Report Posted June 5, 2015 anyway, aside from this being in the wrong section and your camera taking really bad pictures, i would just stuff one hose into the other and wrap it in black tape. but since you didnt say what the hell the tube is for, that may be a really stupid piece of advice. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
LazyAF Posted June 5, 2015 Author Report Posted June 5, 2015 anyway, aside from this being in the wrong section and your camera taking really bad pictures, i would just stuff one hose into the other and wrap it in black tape. but since you didnt say what the hell the tube is for, that may be a really stupid piece of advice. I'm sorry, I didn't think there was a better section. And the picture was just a bad drawing in paint but I bet it's what you're picturing in your head. That actually wasnt bad advice, the tube doesn't get skin blistering hot, like after driving for awhile I can reach under and hold the whole tube in my hand and it won't burn me. What I might try tomorrow is sticking the tube over the small one as far as possible, zip tying it twice with super glue around the small tube and cross my fingers that will work. ^Me irl
Jessica Posted June 5, 2015 Report Posted June 5, 2015 why the hell did you even ask? also http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/23-engine-and-performance-anything-for-that-couple-extra-horses/ Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
islandpride684 Posted June 5, 2015 Report Posted June 5, 2015 Hose clamp you can get from your local hardware store... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
LazyAF Posted June 5, 2015 Author Report Posted June 5, 2015 why the hell did you even ask? also http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/23-engine-and-performance-anything-for-that-couple-extra-horses/ Wow, apologies for asking a question in a forum. That thought only occured to me as I was searching around on other forums for something a little similar and I typed it to fill in others who were visiting this thread. I might be new but you don't have to be so condescending, man. Sorry and thanks for the help ^Me irl
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.