SmashYoFace307 Posted June 8, 2015 Report Posted June 8, 2015 hi I was wondering if any one has ever used hifonics amps to run sundown subs. I was thinking about getting the sundown x-15 d2 sub sense its 1250 rms and a 1200 rms hifonics amp. I used to have the brx1200.1d and a MAaudio EHO154 15' 5krms 10kpeak and it sounded amazing.
tprphish Posted June 8, 2015 Report Posted June 8, 2015 heard a system consisting of a hifonics hercules 3000 and an x18 in a 4runner.. thing got down pretty good
audiofanaticz Posted June 8, 2015 Report Posted June 8, 2015 you can use any amp to push any speaker. but if you want an amp to last longer than a year or 2 I wouldn't buy hifonics, or any maxxsonics product period for that matter.
SoCaLBaMF Posted June 8, 2015 Report Posted June 8, 2015 you can use any amp to push any speaker. but if you want an amp to last longer than a year or 2 I wouldn't buy hifonics, or any maxxsonics product period for that matter. But what would you know 2004 Bagged Trailblazer (4)18" Sundown Nsv3s (4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4 (2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500
Jessica Posted June 8, 2015 Report Posted June 8, 2015 you can use any amp to push any speaker. but if you want an amp to last longer than a year or 2 I wouldn't buy hifonics, or any maxxsonics product period for that matter. hey now, mb quart is not that bad. lol Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
audiofanaticz Posted June 8, 2015 Report Posted June 8, 2015 You seen the 4 channel I posted earlier on facebook.. Its a few years old, I thought its been used for about 2 years, but it hasnt since I didnt get this build playing until mid october 2014, so the amp doesnt even have a year of play time on it, and even less when you factor in that its in my other vehicle that does not get driven daily, sometimes it sits for weeks on end.
audiofanaticz Posted June 8, 2015 Report Posted June 8, 2015 https://www.facebook.com/audiofanaticz/videos/963990273635288/
SmashYoFace307 Posted June 8, 2015 Author Report Posted June 8, 2015 it looks like you got a bad amp. and i was using the mono block with no issues. weird. i just want to find something around 1200 rms again. i believe that's all my car can really handle. will be ungrading that stuff to over time just want to get the sub the amp.
SoCaLBaMF Posted June 8, 2015 Report Posted June 8, 2015 I had brutus quite a few years ago... blew up for no reason with nothing even playing through it. 2004 Bagged Trailblazer (4)18" Sundown Nsv3s (4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4 (2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500
audiofanaticz Posted June 8, 2015 Report Posted June 8, 2015 Yea its a bad amp with low life rated components on the inside... Several people had issues with the brand, Im not the only one. Its nothing new, thats why their 2000wrms amps are couple hundred bucks and rarely do rated output, and any other company selling a 2000wrms amp that is korean made is several hundred dollars more.. Not to mention every year they claim to be a "new and improved" model to replace the past years, but all that your getting is a different looking heatsink with more chrome and blue led's, while the main circuit board is all the same. But its your money. A lot of people are have great luck with those audiopipe amps and they are very budget friendly.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.