BannisterEc Posted June 15, 2015 Report Posted June 15, 2015 Hi Recently purchased two Sundown Audio x15 D4s which is a miracle as I got for alot cheaper then I could of imported it. My only concern is I got the d4s as there is no d2s left. Not quite sure if my Taramps Hd8000 20hm is Cea Rated so Im abit worried about having the wrong subs for this amp. The manufacture claims the amp makes 5256wrms@40hms at 12.6volts and 6305w@40hms at 13.8volts. Should I be concerned as I don't want to get help with a new box design if I have the wrong equipment?
Joe X Posted June 15, 2015 Report Posted June 15, 2015 Just limit the amp's gain, the only problem is that you are not going to take advantage of the power the amp can offer.
Cj Kumz Posted June 15, 2015 Report Posted June 15, 2015 As JoeX has mention just limit the gain. Ask marlin to help you out. I'm sure he can find time Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
BannisterEc Posted June 15, 2015 Author Report Posted June 15, 2015 The only positive is there will be less strain on my electrical. What would the ideal size enclosue be to run two of these subs in @ above mentioned power.
Cj Kumz Posted June 16, 2015 Report Posted June 16, 2015 You could try 3.5-4 cubes per sub and just pay attention to the gains. That's a lot of power so you need to set them lower. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
BannisterEc Posted June 17, 2015 Author Report Posted June 17, 2015 Hi I got both subs now, just need to run them in now and get help from you guys with a new box design possibly round port
Cj Kumz Posted June 18, 2015 Report Posted June 18, 2015 That's good to hear. Each sub as per sundown website needs 68sq inches of port area. So best would be a 10inch port (78sq in) per sub. But you could get away with two 6inch ports per sub. Best would be to do a slot port cause it might be difficult to place round ports for your subs. What are your max dimensions again?? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
BannisterEc Posted June 19, 2015 Author Report Posted June 19, 2015 Im going to remeasure tommorow and hopefully Joe X can also have a look to see whats do able boxwise
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.