Jump to content

RUNNING a 4 way PASSIVE system through amps


Recommended Posts

Posted

I knowbu all run active. I will eventually. I know some of u would do it differently but this is how i wana do it. And if u could help me acheive that id apprexciate it.

Now my kenwood deck can run a 3 way active system. Until I have the Money to run a 4 way active I will be running a 4 way passive granted I can do that safely without destroying equipment and provided u guys can help me out a bit. I've researched but found nothing concrete. And my hertz amp had pretty fucking weak instructions compared to my jl on settings.

My goal is to run 4 way passive with as much smooth transition between the range of frequencies as possible.

My Components

AMP:

HERTZ HDP 4channel@4ohmsx150watt rms

Highs - midrange

4 ohm @150 watt rms with 40hz-22khz freq range

20150616_182336_zpsttqaighg.jpg

Midbass

cdt hd gold midbass woofers

6.5" 150 rms @4 ohms 10hz-4000 hz freqrange

BASS:

JLW713 /w hd1200 amp

I've read these are fairly acceptable freq ranges.

Subbass - below 100hz

Midbass - 100hz-500hz (highpass)

Midrange - 300-5000hz highpass

High - 5000hz to 20,000hz

Subbass 20-80hz

Midbass 80-200hz

Midrange 200-2500hz

High 2500-20,000hz

Subbass 100hz and lower

Midbass 100-250hz

Midrange 250-3000hz

High 3000-20000hz

With the speakers I have what set of ranges would u guys suggest.

20150616_181859_zps475ueptr.jpg

20150616_182145_zpsvfpyb2qh.jpg

Now with the hertz crossovers. Doing the work for me. Do i set their channel to full pass or high pass on the amp.

Wasn't sure if either would make much of a difference with those hertz rossovers. And what hz setting should I turn the dial to non my amp.

Now for the midbass cdts. Should I set to low pass and crank the hz dial up or set to high pass and set hz low? Also if I wanted my midbass to be in the 80-250,300 range. What setting would I turn the hz dial to on the amp. And if it's set on a number does it cutoff freq above or below that setting. I don't really understand that part.

I honestly did try my best to get as any of my owns answers as possible buy I'd rather be sure with a bit of help so I don't damage anything.

Thanks in advance for the help.( also I'm assuming mono setting is for a sub and stereo for my components)?

.

Posted

With that component set, you do not need those midbass drivers (according to your frequency scale) ...

You should be looking for compatible 3.5" or 4" midrange drivers and do 3 way active ... then your sub stage

Pair of 6.5" drivers for midrange ??? If thats the case, you wasted your money.

Just saying

Knowing what you drive and have planned for your stage and image would help ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1463 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...