Quick wiring question

a friend of mine is in the process of his build and is wiring 2 batteries in the trunk. He has 2 runs of power, and 2 runs of ground to the batteries. If he connects 1 power and 1 ground to each battery. Would he still need a jumper between the two batteries? I said that yes he would still want them, but just curious if it's needed.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

So wired up as a triangle instead of a line? It's a waste of wire to me if he has 2 runs of power, 2 runs of ground to each battery. Unless I misunderstood you. But the jumper between the back two won't make the circuit any different. Positive to positive and negative to negative is parallel no matter what configuration

he has 2 runs of power and 2 runs of ground for a total of 4 0 gauge wires going from front to back. Instead of wiring all wires to first battery and running a jumper to the second, he wants 1 power and 1 ground going to the first battery, and 1 power and 1 ground going to the second battery.

he is running a sound qubed 3500, so it has 2 power and 2 ground inputs, so he was going to have one of the power and grounds come from the first battery, and the second power and ground come from the second battery.

i can draw up a diagram if that would help to understand because im probably making this sound really confusing.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Nah it's good. I know what you're saying. The jumper won't make any noticeable difference if any at all.

Archived