Also one of my subs definitely has something wrong with it coil isn't burnt or unwound but the sub isn't moving as much as the other and sounds really bad sometimes. I emailed soundqubed to see if it would be under warranty or not if it isn't I'm going to do a recone on the sub but at the moment they don't have any recones for the sub. Hoping it's covered under warranty

I'm really thinking that I wanna try a 4th order with the port coming through the smaller part of my seat that folds down so i don't have to have my whole seat folded down all the time and I've always wanted to try a 4th order only problem is I'm not 100 percent sure how to design it and do all the calculations would anyone be willing to help me with building one ?

Nice build! Is it louder with the facing into the cabin? As far as a 4th order you have to check if your subs work in that type of enclosure.i want to build a 4th order my self. I got the design done but it is for 2 sundown x 12s and different car.

Nice build! Is it louder with the facing into the cabin? As far as a 4th order you have to check if your subs work in that type of enclosure.i want to build a 4th order my self. I got the design done but it is for 2 sundown x 12s and different car.

Thanks and to me it doesn't sound as loud as it was facing towards the back of the trunk but it still may need some more sealing off but from what I see it looks like it's all sealed up but it still sounds good and my trunk doesn't rattle nearly as bad so that's a plus.

Not sure if my subs are ok for a 4th order seen another person on here building a 4th for these subs and I believe he said they would do ok In one I have another ported box I'm probably going to use that and change it up a bit for the ported part of the 4th order then I will just build a sealed box to hook to the back of it to see how it sounds if it sound ok I may just build a really nice box.

I have had subs firing both ways and into the cab is a cleaner sound with less rattles IMO. I had thought about porting thru the rear deck so seats could be up. But i knew it would be a shit ton of work that i didnt have time for.

I have had subs firing both ways and into the cab is a cleaner sound with less rattles IMO. I had thought about porting thru the rear deck so seats could be up. But i knew it would be a shit ton of work that i didnt have time for.

Yeah I'm not sure if I don't have it sealed up good enough or what but it's just not as loud and doesn't hit the lows like it does with the subs facing towards the back. I really want to try and tackle a 4th order but not sure where to start

I think I figured out why the subs were moving funny and not sounding right I'm pretty sure I was clipping because when I turn the bass knob on the alpine amp down and turn the subwoofer up on my radio it sounds a lot better almost like the bass knob is adding bass boost and making the subs clip. I ended up ordering 3 sets of Rockford fosgate rcas and a pac lc-1 getting rid of the alpine bass knob. Now I need to get my hands on a dd1 so I can make sure I'm not clipping

ran all new Rockford rcas and also put in the pac-lc1 and it sounds a lot better now but for some reason it's lacking on some of the frequencies around 40 hz is good but much higher than that it is lacking a lot not very loud on the high notes at all and below like 32 hz it's not very loud either I'm still wondering if I'm not sealed off good enough but it seems to be sealed off pretty good to me. Not sure how to make it any better I'm about to give up on the idea of having them firing forward it just sounds so much better and louder facing the other way.

Is your trunk still moving or rattling at all when playing system, if so may not be sealed off correctly. I half assed sealed two enclosures and never cared for the sound, but when I finally decided to stop being a bitch and used expanding foam. Loved the way it sounded forward firing.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Archived