[PLAYING!] 2 RE SX 18s on 2 RF T1500s 16 cube walled Saturn

i like this build great craftsmanship. im in :)

Thanks dog!

So I did a winISD Plot today and am almost disappointed. I really was hoping for hitting 150 being that this box will be pressurizing such a small space (the passenger and driver's seat area only) but oh well, perhaps the small cabin will get me pressurized a bit more than it says.

Winisd%20plot%2016%20cu%20ft%2032hz_zpsb

And I also decided to do a comparison plot to the Zv3 Sundown 18 and AA Mayhem 18 and was disappointed. Couldn't figure out why they were having such low responses. Tried smaller box, larger box, more wattage, larger port, different tunes, still wouldn't peak like the RE's. Wondering if I was punching it in wrong. Put in the correct TS parameters, calculated for a 16.5 cu ft box, tuned to 32 hz, 33x6.75 size port, 4000w. Can someone tell me if I was going about this wrong or what? According to SoundSolutionAudio, the Sundown is recommended 4 cubes per sub. Seems kinda low to me.

versus%20isd_zpsdkjhg4jw.png

What winisd says and what it does in real life are completely different, plus the ts specs posted online usually are not broken in.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

What winisd says and what it does in real life are completely different, plus the ts specs posted online usually are not broken in.

yup x2 its almost always way different

Gotcha gotcha. I actually went to my first show yesterday and if my car is as loud as some of those that I saw out there that were around that db, I'll be pretty happy honestly. If I can get a 150 I'll be VERY surprised especially being that it's only 2 t1500s on 2 RE SX 18s (someone PLEASE pm me how to change the title of this post, thanks in advance).

But I have gotten some progress done here and there. Here's a side shot of the thickness of the sides.

IMAG0482_zpsukkqyc2n.jpg

IMAG04811_zpsrupmuvg7.jpg

Here's my 2" angle iron from my local steel supply store Alro Steel. Great guys, pretty old-school, not overly friendly (probably because they have no clue why I'm there, they primarily deal with construction companies) but their prices are phenomenal and that's what keeps me coming back. Only 16 bucks for an 8 foot section.

IMAG0484_zpsgu1xcyao.jpg

IMAG0483_zpssleevt5a.jpg

This is how I planned on mounting the front of the box. It's getting attached to that bit of floorboard that I replaced. Good thing I decided to check my chassis before just building!

IMAG0485_zpsc2d53gps.jpg

This was during the two week span of almost daily rain. Quite annoying to fuss with working in a car that's only halfway pulled into the garage and leaves only half of it to work in but bass conquers all!

IMAG0486_zpsn5a8uuzu.jpg

Got the holes drilled through the brackets for the 3/8 lag bolts. Still had to step the bottom holes for the bolts that I put through there. You'll see them here shortly haha

IMAG0492_zps6y6fvaog.jpg

Yesterday, the whole family was home. Sister (tan 97 SL2), Mom (silver 02 SC2), and my little daily across the way the little red 95 SC2. My sister wanted me to take a picture of them all so I had to oblige.

IMAG0512_zpsj0ixpkfv.jpg

PL to seal it off rain from coming through the floor-boards and make the attachment BEEEEEEEFY

IMAG0514_zpswcdnwtcv.jpg

Had to take a pic of all the hardware laid out.

IMAG0516_zpssy5pmio7.jpg

All bolted up! Used 5 3/8" lag bolts to hold into the wood and 5 5/8" x 2" bolts with washers top and bottom and locking nuts to hopefully prevent them from rattling back off too easily.

IMAG0515_zpsh75crhwx.jpg

The most valuable tool that I own, not just by monetary value but its versatility! I love my little Hitachi!

IMAG0517_zpsnvcntr57.jpg

And for drilling through metal, this step drill-bit is a savior. Comes from a set of 3 So I can drill out holes much larger than are marked on this one but still amazing!

IMAG0518_zpsmjujlnev.jpg

Got the inside corners braced, this is the driver's side, PL'd and bolted in. This actually added quite a bit of rigidity to the point where the sides meet the bottom. I laid on my back and kicked as hard as I could against that side, about halfway up and had my second set of eyes, my mom, since she's the only person that was at her house at the time, watch for any kind of flex, she said the car was rocking, but the panel was absolutely not budging. Definitely really happy with how that turned out!\

IMAG0519_zps0ier8iiu.jpg

Looking good!

If you go to original post, then edit, then full editor you can change title.

What show did you go to? I was at the parts express show yesterday

Midwest Audiofest! Did you bring your rig? I didn't see it if you had it there. You might've seen me though. Kid with a SecondSkin audio shirt, blonde hair.

Looking good!

Midwest Audiofest! Did you bring your rig? I didn't see it if you had it there. You might've seen me though. Kid with a SecondSkin audio shirt, blonde hair.

Hmm not sure if I remember you. Had the white explorer with the bandpass. Was over in the meca area. Did you come by for a demo?

Looking good!

Hmm not sure if I remember you. Had the white explorer with the bandpass. Was over in the meca area. Did you come by for a demo?

I don't think I saw your rig. I was in the meca area too. I got a demo in the Team Quiet blazer, the 4 dc 15s, chris' 4 18s in his tahoe, all the little ones with 1 18 in the trunk, and my neightbor's car but I don't remember seeing yours though. You going to the show coming up in about a month. I think it's called slamming for soldiers?

Anywho, back to the build, I'm still debating on these two port designs. This is not to scale, my subs were drawn much too large for the dimensions but it's about placement. I have gathered that putting the port on the driver's side pressurizes the passenger side more (at least that's what I'm given to understand), but I'd like the entire cabin to be pressurized. Yes demos are fun especially when getting reactions, but I'd rather be able to be feeling the same thing they are you know? Anyone have input as to whether a top port or side port would be good for a "daily driven" vehicle. Obviously not my only mode of transportation, but I'd like to be throwing down in my seat just as much as the passenger with me will be.

IMAG0525_zpswfmgslxl.jpg

Also my dimensions for my ports are for 14 sqare-inches of cross-sectional area per cube for 16 cubes and tuned to 32 hz. Are these dimensions correct?

Archived