[PLAYING!] 2 RE SX 18s on 2 RF T1500s 16 cube walled Saturn

I've been working on this wall in my old Saturn for about two weeks now and I figured I'd post my progress somewhere other than my instagram (it's what_the_flux_4k if you're interested to follow) and I've been getting some pretty decent progress made so far. Tell me what you think, this is my first wall so don't expect anything too gorgeous. My tools are sparse and I work with what I have.

IMAG0341_zpscjwmrx26.jpg

Got some 2x4 risers in the front to level the bottom of the box out

IMAG0343_zpszthotg1v.jpg

A piece of 2" angle iron mounting the 2x4 backing to the rear deck riveted in (sorry for it being so blurry)

IMAG0342_zpsebw0dtn2.jpg

2x4 rear mount

IMAG0344_zpsr4jgxlgy.jpg

Bottom and rear of the box. Got a nasty rust hole there but I'll be patching that once I get a welder.

IMAG0346_zpshgkxokkc.jpg

This is where day one ended. That piece at this point in time was not stapled in but the angles were pretty close.

IMAG0372_zpsuw9t7nhs.jpg

Finally glued and stapled into place the next working day. (NOTE: there have been and will be many days which I'm not working on it due to work and such)

IMAG0373_zpshyh9bs9o.jpg

Got the driver's side stapled and glued

IMAG0377_zpskrdmwyoo.jpg

My idea for getting the wood to set at a 90 degree angle haha. It seems to have worked though!

IMAG0376_zpsbqgqwvj7.jpg

Got both sides thrown on there and it's starting to kinda look like something. Not much, but something.

IMAG0381_zpsnmwy16bu.jpg

Getting the sides connected to the back of the box. So much sanding was involved with this piece. In order to make the angles work I have to use a belt sander and just sand and check constantly! Pretty annoying to be frank, but it's worth it.

IMG_20150609_200232_zpsoen4zda5.jpg

Made my own wood putty with sawdust and wood glue, it works pretty well and is easy to pack in if you have a small gap, solid like concrete the more sawdust you add.

IMAG0389_zps7mgn3e5h.jpg

Got the passenger side connected to the rear. The top of the box press-fit into the gap between the sides of the roof so I was able to work one side at a time on the angled connecting pieces. I had originally planned to do a set up where I had the lower half in the car and would install the upper half as one piece but had I done that the way I measured, it wouldn't have fit properly so I got pretty lucky on this one.

IMAG0391_zpsbettf3lc.jpg

Taken from an awkward angle as a pan shot (hence why the steering wheel is jagged on the one side) but it shows that the top part was only connected on the one side and still press fit. Not that important i just think this shot looks kinda cool haha.

IMAG0405_zps2f7pjqoi.jpg

Got the top connected to the rear (yet another 3 hour sanding job to get the angles just right but damn if it wasn't worth it, it fit like a glove!

IMAG0407_zpsvlwldhgb.jpg

As for this piece, hindsight 20/20. I should've just made this all one piece all the way down but originally i thought the corners down there would have to angle in, but oh well, it'll make the second layer a piece of cake!

IMAG0409_zpsdoxzgfav.jpg

Really starting to look a little like something!

IMAG0410_zpsg9c18pwo.jpg

And this is where I left off last night, got the passenger side sealed all the way up, still have the upper corner on the driver's side to fill but the progress is pretty good. I'm proud of how it's come along. Constructive criticism is welcome and suggestions are also open!

Looking badass especially for a first wall

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

looks good man real good start.looking forward to seeing more

2000 blazer LS

240 mechman

2 b2 HN v3 15s

crescendo bc5500 @.5

1/0 ebflex ofc

d680/g31

kenwood deck

mb quart components

crescendo pwx 8s

lots more to come

blazer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/204432-shadowcasters-2k-blazer/

142.8db MECA

2016 PA state champ mod 1 class

Lookin good man. Reminds me a lot of building my shell.

What do you have planned to add more strength? Double layers, bracing, glass?

All of those, second layer, some fiberglass matt and either 4x4s, threaded pipe, or all-thread as the bracing. idk which one would work the best though. Also, thank you all for your support. I'll keep the pics rolling in, any ideas on who would be best to ask about bracing? Maybe link them this build?

Damn that's a crazy shell!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Fuck all that angle stuff nice work man

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived