Second Skin Audio

whats your recommendation?

Well that's one of the problems with the RE calculator, there's no place to enter driver displacements, each XFL has 0.208 cubic feet so 0.416 total, making the length of the extension 11.5" your total net volume would be 3 cubic feet and tuning would be 36,2 Hz, 1.5 cubic feet net per driver is still insufficient for those drivers, at this point you could try covering one of the cutouts and run a single sub for a test, just limiting power a bit since 3 net is a bit large for one sub.

Well that's one of the problems with the RE calculator, there's no place to enter driver displacements, each XFL has 0.208 cubic feet so 0.416 total, making the length of the extension 11.5" your total net volume would be 3 cubic feet and tuning would be 36,2 Hz, 1.5 cubic feet net per driver is still insufficient for those drivers, at this point you could try covering one of the cutouts and run a single sub for a test, just limiting power a bit since 3 net is a bit large for one sub.

just trying to learn and i appreciate your help. So i tried to plug in what i know into torres box calc BUT when i built the box i did build it using RE calc so what would you say my box is as far as size and tuned to? Because when i plug into re calc this is what i get and this is what i get in torres.

Just trying to learn like i said. I want my next setup to be tuned to the same. If in fact i only have 3.0 cu after displacement to work with would 1 15 or 1 really good 12 be louder then my 2 were? I know cone area is alot more but i know Box makes a huge difference.

my%20box%20torres.jpg

my%20box%20torres%202.jpg

my%20bo%20re%20audio.jpg

11.5 is the length of the extension, the length of the port is measured along it's center line:

ab12.jpg

So the total port length is 32.5"

Since Torres is a little off it shows a little more than 3 net and tuning somewhat lower:

torres.jpg

But for all practical matters it's the same, these subs will not perform their best at 1.5 cubic feet per driver.

11.5 is the length of the extension, the length of the port is measured along it's center line:

ab12.jpg

So the total port length is 32.5"

Since Torres is a little if it shows a little more than 3 net and tuning somewhat lower:

torres.jpg

But for all practical matters it's the same, these subs will not perform their best at 1.5 cubic feet per driver.

hmm so now im left to see if i can fit a bigger box. If i cant do you recommend doing 1 big 12 that can handle 3k rms over the 2 12's in a smaller box? or 1 solid 15?

well in my case if I cant really fit 2.25 cube per subwoofer and I only have 3.0-3.5 net then I should try for 1 12 that will handle 3k? My amp is vfl 175.1 I had a bxi2006d on a t2 before and it was almost as loud as my 2 xfl as it was in a box that was correct for the subwoofer. Thanks for your help. just trying not to go backwards.

I am gonna try to do a cardboard thing to see whats the biggest I can actually fit. But im guessing only slightly bigger then what I have now. If I go for 1 15" the height needs to be atleast 17" correct?

Archived