Will this alt really do what it's rated?

every system is different. i rand around 1700 on a 70amp alt and two batts and around 4k and a 240amp alt and two good AGM's. 8k is going to need a big alt and you keeping your engine up around 1500 rpm a lot, or a big reserve and a small alt and daily battery charging.

I gues it depends on how you play your system too. If you enjoy just smashing your 8k of power full tilt a lot. go for a big alt and a good reserve and condition once a week. If you just listen at normal levels and demo somtimes at ludicrous levels go for a smaller alt and a reallly good reserve .

As for me, i just smash all the time, charge when i feel like it and if i dont drop below 12.9 i keep playing. But its my money on the line and i know the risk.

you need at least 6 to 7 xp3000.. you dont have enough alternator but even with 20 batteries you will see battery voltage since the demand is grater then what the alt will supply.. im running 5 D3100 on 2 singer 350 alternators for a 9k .. you will also need to charge the batteries almost nightly

I will not be playing full tilt all the time.. mostly at normal listening levels. I will be charging them every night and listening sessions will be 15-30 minutes usually.

thats what i told myself. and that damn pac lc1 just keeps telling me, "more more more"

If you have the space any good fab shop can make you one, it shouldn't cost more than a couple hundred dollars.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived