Second Skin Audio

i need help building a box

wildrow

ok i want to buy a DC level 5 18" but i want to make sure i have enough space for the box. according to Torres if i make the box

37w X 22d X 17h with a 6X6 port 11" long it will be tuned to 32.88Hz (double baffle) sub up , port back , sub displacement .26, net volume will be 5.62cu ft is torres correct?

i want a net volume of 5.5 tuned at 33Hz with an interchangeable port if possible,

any help will be greatly appreciated.

What amp are you going to use? What vehicle is this going in?

A single 6" x 6" isn't anywhere near enough port area. You are going to need at least 100 sq in, depending on how much power you are going to put to it.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

What amp are you going to use? What vehicle is this going in?

A single 6" x 6" isn't anywhere near enough port area. You are going to need at least 100 sq in, depending on how much power you are going to put to it.

It is going in a 2007 jeep patriot and i'll be using a crescendo bc3500. (i have 2 kinetiks 2400 + stock one, H/O alt, and did big 3)

so removable port is not possible right? well it is not necessary. the box has to be bigger too right? the space i have available is 37w X 24d X as high as it has to be.

can i use aero ports? box won't be that heavy that way.

So here is a suggestion for your reference, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide, bracing is 1 1/4" wooden dowel rods:

image.jpg

15SUPB_zps1dcbe49d.jpg

looks good.

Archived