bscott Posted July 1, 2015 Report Posted July 1, 2015 So my wife got me some new subs for my oil field work truck (2011 Ford F-250 extended cab) So I now have 2 alpine see-12d2, hifonics brx 2400.1d amp and a obcon down fire box Box specs -- 48" wide x 9" tall x 18" deep 1.2 cu ft air space - tuned at 38 Hz 6.75" speaker mounting depth Holds dual 12" woofers (Downfire) Labyrinth slot vent design Will this set up work for these subs?
Joe X Posted July 1, 2015 Report Posted July 1, 2015 What Alpine see-12d2? Anyways latest generation Alpine subs will work in small boxes, you should try them but then I don't think the subs will perform their best like with any prefab.
bscott Posted July 1, 2015 Author Report Posted July 1, 2015 Sorry autocorrect SWR-12d2. So you think it will work but it could be better. Say if I take back seat out not used any way other then tossing a duffel bag back there, I could get better sound?
Triticum Agricolam Posted July 1, 2015 Report Posted July 1, 2015 Sorry autocorrect SWR-12d2. So you think it will work but it could be better. Say if I take back seat out not used any way other then tossing a duffel bag back there, I could get better sound? If you take the seat out you should have plenty of space to build a box that will get you most out of your SWR-12D2 subs. It will be much better than cramming them in that prefab. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Joe X Posted July 1, 2015 Report Posted July 1, 2015 Sorry autocorrect SWR-12d2. So you think it will work but it could be better. Say if I take back seat out not used any way other then tossing a duffel bag back there, I could get better sound? Test them and see how it goes, the subs work in small boxes, that works in your favor, if you don't like the results then think of a custom box.
bscott Posted July 1, 2015 Author Report Posted July 1, 2015 Thanks for the input. I guessing it will take me a week or so to break them in. I'll let you know the result. But at least i know I can run this way for now thanks
bscott Posted July 12, 2015 Author Report Posted July 12, 2015 So I ran these subs and even ran the for 3 back to back 12 rides and they sound great in this box. Kids a sleeper if you look in. Amos mounted to wall behind seat and box is half under seat but it is black so you can't see it looking in I'm running them at 2 ohms not all the way up on amp so I'm guessing 600 to each. Got sub sonic at about 20 and bass boost at 0 When I get s chance I'll post picks
NinetySivix Posted December 9, 2015 Report Posted December 9, 2015 Sorry, I'm a newbie, what's a labyrinth port?
Triticum Agricolam Posted December 9, 2015 Report Posted December 9, 2015 Sorry, I'm a newbie, what's a labyrinth port? Usually it refers to a ported box where the port goes back and forth on one side. Its lets you cram a long port into a small box, though all the 180 degree turns aren't the best for good airflow. There can be acoustic benefits to them as well, but they aren't relevant for car audio subwoofers. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.