Sundown Audio

system help

Rayden Haswell

im starting to gather things for my first system, working on door speakers atm, im looking at getting a fi sp4 15 with 0 gauge, whats the best amp for around $500 for it, also will i need a cap/batt/alt? also can someone link me a wiring diagram for everything. sorry im a n()()b guys :(

Do some searching on the site theres a ton of threads that cover this stuff in detail but from out the gate more info is probably going to be needed:

Questions:

Whats the car you putting this into?

What is your goal? (do you want to do sound quality competition or SPL competition or are you looking at just a daily driver type setup with no competition in mind)

What music do you listen to usually? (goes into component choice)

Budget? (ok $500 for the amp but what about mids and highs?)

There isn't a "best" amp for $500. Its really about the application and speakers you are running. Look at brands like Rockford Fosgate, Sundown, DC Audio, Amperage Audio, Zapco, GroundZero, Hertz, Audison, Crescendo, Soundqubed and American Bass.

First we need to know the speakers you wanna run and how many before we could recommend a amp.

Electrical upgrades depend on the gear you running. Over 2k watts you will most likely need a battery and high output alternator. But thats a real general statement. If your alternator is small it may be a good upgrade to put in a high output alt before you move on. Without knowing the above questions I have no idea what to tell you.

i have an 03 crown victoria. going to modify the trunk and back seat, make a tunnnel through sort of. im going to keep the exacct amount of door speakers, just upgrade them to rockford power series. with a small rockford power amp probably around 400w for all of them, going to put in tweeters as well, still figuring everything out, i just want to figure out what i needed for the sub, which is the big component then figure everything else out haha

Archived