Jace152x Posted July 15, 2015 Report Posted July 15, 2015 Need help I'm new at this and wonna build A vented enclosure for a (1)15" mofo 152x it's going in the truck of a 1993 dodge spirit any advice for box specs
islandpride684 Posted July 15, 2015 Report Posted July 15, 2015 Gonna need your max dimensions, how much power you're going to feed it, type of music you listen to.... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
Jace152x Posted July 15, 2015 Author Report Posted July 15, 2015 1500watt pioneer champion series amp just found out I can't bridge amp... rap/hip hop a lot of Gucci and (max height 16.5") (max width 27") (max length 23")
Joe X Posted July 15, 2015 Report Posted July 15, 2015 Here is a suggestion on your available space, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide: NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.
Jace152x Posted July 15, 2015 Author Report Posted July 15, 2015 Cool I will try that one but I got like 5 sheets of mdf if any other suggestions please let me know I can build 4 more boxes
Jace152x Posted July 15, 2015 Author Report Posted July 15, 2015 And Joe x how would you figure total port length for those specs
Joe X Posted July 15, 2015 Report Posted July 15, 2015 You figure out the total port length measuring along it's center line end to end.
Jace152x Posted July 18, 2015 Author Report Posted July 18, 2015 If I post my full driver specs can I get a better detailed design I guess I'm still not understanding most of this and I don't wonna slap pieces of mdf together my math sucks
Joe X Posted July 18, 2015 Report Posted July 18, 2015 I guess you need to know before all if a 16.5 x 27 x 23 box can fit through the trunk opening, I suggest people to build a box made of cardboard to test fit before building the actual wood box. I do have the specs for that woofer as well as the enclosure size they recommend.
Jace152x Posted July 18, 2015 Author Report Posted July 18, 2015 Can you post a box that you would have for the sub that you would recommend cause I don't know we're to put displacements etc.and if I got the GM-D8601 champion series amp powering it what should I set the amp gain and freq settings at.... I know I can't bridge it or can I...... and the box specs I gave you are the max specs I can do is it enough the this 15" mofo
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.