Second Skin Audio

Coil smell please help

yup its a gain issue ..ur pushing a 1200w rms sub with 500w ..the prx amps are 1 ohm stable so 1000x 1ohm 500x2ohm ..u must have just cranked it up til it sounded "good"..u cant set gains by ear .. use dd1

..u can also just buy a new amp that will do 1000 at 2ohms ..ur not even pushing wag that sub can do

You'd be surprised at how small of a difference it makes to add that much power. I have two of those subs, ran them on a 1200 (600w a piece) for two years, then moved up to the soundqubed 3500 this past December, wired at 2ohm 2600W, and while there is a difference in output with that 1400w increase, it's really not that much. The amp he's using pushes 750 @ 2ohm according to the rating, he doesn't need to upgrade his amp, the difference to a 1200 watt @ 2ohm amp won't matter given it will only ever see half of that real world.

How many cubes did you run with the 2 Hds312 and what were you tuned to? Just curious

2009 Chevy 2500HD

6" Lift

35" Nittos

22"x13" Fuel Kranks

Pioneer App Radio 3

Alpine 500x5

Memphis PRX 1.1000

Memphis Mojo5 12"

Red Oracle Halos

yup its a gain issue ..ur pushing a 1200w rms sub with 500w ..the prx amps are 1 ohm stable so 1000x 1ohm 500x2ohm ..u must have just cranked it up til it sounded "good"..u cant set gains by ear .. use dd1

..u can also just buy a new amp that will do 1000 at 2ohms ..ur not even pushing wag that sub can do

You'd be surprised at how small of a difference it makes to add that much power. I have two of those subs, ran them on a 1200 (600w a piece) for two years, then moved up to the soundqubed 3500 this past December, wired at 2ohm 2600W, and while there is a difference in output with that 1400w increase, it's really not that much. The amp he's using pushes 750 @ 2ohm according to the rating, he doesn't need to upgrade his amp, the difference to a 1200 watt @ 2ohm amp won't matter given it will only ever see half of that real world.

How many cubes did you run with the 2 Hds312 and what were you tuned to? Just curious

I still have mine in the same shitty prefab I've had for 3 or so years that I bought for some kicker 12's I had. I think it's like 3.5 cubes gross and tuned to 40hz. But it's wayyyy too small for the HDS312's. They need around 2.25-2.5 cubic ft net apiece. I just haven't built a new one. They work in this one decent enough, even though they need more space, and some of the music I listen to is bad for the enclosure tuning. They can get stinky around 33hz and less. Once I'm satisfied with the door pods, I'll build the enclosure next

• 1 year later...

I still have mine in the same shitty prefab I've had for 3 or so years that I bought for some kicker 12's I had. I think it's like 3.5 cubes gross and tuned to 40hz. But it's wayyyy too small for the HDS312's. They need around 2.25-2.5 cubic ft net apiece. I just haven't built a new one. They work in this one decent enough, even though they need more space, and some of the music I listen to is bad for the enclosure tuning. They can get stinky around 33hz and less. Once I'm satisfied with the door pods, I'll build the enclosure next

Thats the issue right there. with the proper box for those subs it should have been a night and day difference.

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Archived