Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Lanqe's Sundown x15 build


Lanqe

Recommended Posts

Posted

So ill start off with some background info. Love audio and am happy with my home entertainment system but have always had an "OK" system in my vehicle. I wanna try and take it up a notch at get my feet wet with a real system. I drive an 85 Toyota 4runner, stock alternator, big 3, and 0 gauge running to to a 1400 rms watt HiFonics Brutus amp. I will be running 1 Sundown audio X15 tuned to 32hz.

I have built a few custom boxed before so im not a total newbie but i would love some input before i go cutting wood up and waiting for it to glue just to be disappointed. I really would love for this one to turn out good! :)

I will be using baltic birch plywood and the space i have to work with is 36x18x18. Now total volume should be almost 4 cubes with the port and sub space taken out but i just want to make sure im calculating the correct port length to tune it nice and low. If anybody has any advice with materials or tweaks on the box design it would be a HUGE helps. Love the community already as i have grabbed so much knowledge aleady.

Key to diagrams: 1 square = 1 inch

mimjnq.jpg

riycyp.jpg

20kyec0.jpg

Pretty much im just wondering if my port is long enough and if the design looks alright THANKS AGAIN! :)

Posted

Looks good to me. If I counted squares right your port is about 33" long? That should tune you to about 30 hz, give or take a Hz or two.

Those specs look fine, I'm sure it will perform well.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

If you use 1" wood is not the same as if you use 3/4" wood, here's a 3/4" layout with your external dimensions:

port.jpg

That's a 35" port which would make the box spec at ~3.7 cubic feet @ ~33Hz with the 0.22 driver displacement. If you use 1" wood you would have an even smaller internal volume with the same external dimensions.

Posted

Sweet. this place is the best. I will use 3/4 inch wood and build it as according to your drawing I will post results THANKS AGAIN! B)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3340 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...