DC Sound Lab

I bought a lvl3 12" AR cone back in may.... built this box 1.25 after displacements @33hz

did it with a 3" port after a month it broke in and I started to really notice port noise

dnzpua.jpg

so I did a little redesign for a 4" port and this would take away from the internal volume so I did it external so it jumped the box to something like 1.4 and then slammed in a $2.39 16oz walmart pillow and figured in the new displacement is around 1.6 so tuned it to 33hz again and just scape goated and called it my bass cannon... it sounds louder the lows are deeper "I love experimenting"

pyxwk.jpg

now I built this box while my dc sub was in its 21 day build time so I didnt really know how much room my amps needed and such so I choose to err on the safe side but I can now squeeze more room out of this system with a new box... I like building enclosures so it is just another sunday task if it would yield a louder system...

6tdytz.jpg

I run this at 1ohm final off a BE1700.1d that I bought with intentions in going dc which I did... steves dyno video sold me on this amp BTW... I have more power than I need so if I set this up right how much larger can I go over the recommended specs of 1.25cuft ported, how would this affect power handling and would tuning lower than 33hz help or hurt the amount of power it can handle... my propose of this build was to keep the 3rd row functional and be able to push it back If I needed to load something through the back that would not fit through the rear door opening

2jcwmip.jpg

by moving the amps more to the left and or changing the mounting orientation I could possibly go from anything between 1.25-2.0.... lets hear some ideas from the people that have become DC Audio experts and explain why

here is my carwash demo video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zEL_iDMwWQ

and my parking lot pimpin video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkPS_scJNtY

or should I really just take it apart slap some carpet on it and call it a day?

Edited by MotorCityFats13

You can go up to 1.75, I wouldent take it any larger than that, to large of a box and the woofers mechanical power handling can suffer and since you got lots of power for the sub no need to stress the neck on it

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

• 1 month later...

went ahead and designed another box... used every last inch I had to make this box 1.75 net after port and sub displacements and kept it at 33hz tune... the output has improved greatly and things rattle and shake way more than they did with the 1.25cuft box..... was well worth the $30 price and 18 hours of work for the redesign and build!!!!! thanks for the suggestion Rusty!

kcf1ih.jpg34g1pgz.jpg9zvl20.jpg27wyu5f.jpg2mk1s8.jpg1zqwqki.jpgj0gw7d.jpg