CamEnglish Posted July 23, 2015 Report Posted July 23, 2015 How do I know what the volume should be? I cant find it anywhere. Does anybody know what it is? 2009 Chevy 2500HD 6" Lift 35" Nittos 22"x13" Fuel Kranks Pioneer App Radio 3 Alpine 500x5 Memphis PRX 1.1000 Memphis Mojo5 12" Red Oracle Halos
dsw422 Posted July 23, 2015 Report Posted July 23, 2015 here you go http://www.soundqubed.com/Box-Sizes-and-Tuning-_ep_68.html minimum of .75 cu ft 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System 1994 Ford Bronco Dual head unit (i kno) Sony door speakers Kenwood Rear Speakers Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10" https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/
CamEnglish Posted July 23, 2015 Author Report Posted July 23, 2015 life saver 2009 Chevy 2500HD 6" Lift 35" Nittos 22"x13" Fuel Kranks Pioneer App Radio 3 Alpine 500x5 Memphis PRX 1.1000 Memphis Mojo5 12" Red Oracle Halos
Triticum Agricolam Posted July 23, 2015 Report Posted July 23, 2015 here you go http://www.soundqubed.com/Box-Sizes-and-Tuning-_ep_68.html minimum of .75 cu ft That chart is so generic it is ALMOST useless. You can certainly put those subs in a smaller or larger space than .75 cu ft. Larger or smaller enclosures will have an effect on how they sound. What the "right" size is depends on how you want them to perform. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
dsw422 Posted July 23, 2015 Report Posted July 23, 2015 here you go http://www.soundqubed.com/Box-Sizes-and-Tuning-_ep_68.html minimum of .75 cu ft That chart is so generic it is ALMOST useless. You can certainly put those subs in a smaller or larger space than .75 cu ft. Larger or smaller enclosures will have an effect on how they sound. What the "right" size is depends on how you want them to perform. lol... he asked, so i gave.. 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System 1994 Ford Bronco Dual head unit (i kno) Sony door speakers Kenwood Rear Speakers Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10" https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/
Triticum Agricolam Posted July 23, 2015 Report Posted July 23, 2015 lol... he asked, so i gave.. LOL, fair enough. I wasn't trying to pick on you, sorry if it came across that way. My frustration is directed at SoundQubed for putting out such a bad chart. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
dsw422 Posted July 23, 2015 Report Posted July 23, 2015 lol... he asked, so i gave..LOL, fair enough. I wasn't trying to pick on you, sorry if it came across that way. My frustration is directed at SoundQubed for putting out such a bad chart. Oh no problem.. I didn't take it that way.. lol.. I understand where ur coming from about the chart.. I'm sure they posted it so people (who are just starting out in car audio) have an idea what to do in terms of box size.. It's kinda like every other woofer you see out there.. there is a nominal box size spec usually listed somewhere.. though we, as more advanced (you WAY more than i) box builders use programs and software to determine appropriate and efficient designs. 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System 1994 Ford Bronco Dual head unit (i kno) Sony door speakers Kenwood Rear Speakers Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10" https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/
Joe X Posted July 23, 2015 Report Posted July 23, 2015 Oh no problem.. I didn't take it that way.. lol.. I understand where ur coming from about the chart.. I'm sure they posted it so people (who are just starting out in car audio) have an idea what to do in terms of box size.. It's kinda like every other woofer you see out there.. there is a nominal box size spec usually listed somewhere.. though we, as more advanced (you WAY more than i) box builders use programs and software to determine appropriate and efficient designs. There's nothing wrong to be given a wide box spec (manufacturer tested) range as long as you are given *full* accurate parameters for the sub which many companies don't give, to be honest I very much prefer SQ giving me a wide range of options for a box than have Alpine cheat me into believing that 1.3 cubic feet is "optimum" for their older 12" Type Rs.
Triticum Agricolam Posted July 23, 2015 Report Posted July 23, 2015 There's nothing wrong to be given a wide box spec (manufacturer tested) range as long as you are given *full* accurate parameters for the sub which many companies don't give, to be honest I very much prefer SQ giving me a wide range of options for a box than have Alpine cheat me into believing that 1.3 cubic feet is "optimum" for their older 12" Type Rs. I agree, I guess my problem with they way SQ is doing it is they don't give you enough information to make an informed decision. According to their chart you can put a single 15" in between 3 - 6 cubes, but they don't give any idea of what the performance difference will be between a 3 cube and a 6 cube box. So people are left to just blindly pick a number. Maybe I'm just being too picky though. I guess other manufactures aren't really much better. I might just not like the way the info is being presented. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.