Mids, But No Highs! Brand New Polk Coax

duct_tape123

I just installed 4 Polk DB651 coax in my brothers Chevy Crew Cab. They are powered by a Kicker ZX350.4 with gain around half way. After I first installed them they sounded amazing. Now about a week and a half later there is no more highs, just mids. I tried new ground and it didn't help. Tried speaker wire on RCA and ground to radio chassis, didn't work. The radio is a Kenwood 438U. The thing that stumps me is that all the speakers are like that, not just one or two. The amp crossover is set to hi-pass @ around 80 Hz. What else could cause this?

I just installed 4 Polk DB651 coax in my brothers Chevy Crew Cab. They are powered by a Kicker ZX350.4 with gain around half way. After I first installed them they sounded amazing. Now about a week and a half later there is no more highs, just mids. I tried new ground and it didn't help. Tried speaker wire on RCA and ground to radio chassis, didn't work. The radio is a Kenwood 438U. The thing that stumps me is that all the speakers are like that, not just one or two. The amp crossover is set to hi-pass @ around 80 Hz. What else could cause this?

the tweeters could have gone bad

----reference's----

meade916

Nothing is on low pass except for the sub amp. How would I test the tweeters to see if they are bad? And whats with them all going out at once?

hook them up to a house radio. that is how i do it. tweets can go before anything else. they are very sensitive

----reference's----

meade916

on my CDT's if you are sending them are clipped signal the tweeter goes into "protect" mode which mean your getting no sound out of them. Try backing off the gain and see if they come back on

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

• 2 weeks later...

when i had a set of coax in my bros monticarlo off a 200w amp every time i chaged the tweeter xover freq it blew up the tweeters xover on the speaker, ied try to see if its gone or not and try replaceing it and see if they work then

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Archived