Low_Psi Posted August 18, 2015 Author Report Posted August 18, 2015 I received a call from SoundQubed today. As expected (after seeing a few of my settings on the amp) they said it was not a manufacture defect. However they are giving me a "mulligan" because I literally had the sub for a day. There are other factors that led to the demise of this sub. They explained that while I took it easy trying to break in the sub, trying to break it in while mounted in a sealed enclosure, while ambient air temps were pretty high, most likely assisted in the melt down. I was told to free air it during break in. So when the repaired sub is received I will run it on a bench at 40hz for an extended period of time with moderately low power. In the meantime, my repaired T2-12 sub is filling in nicely. I wouldn't have argued with them had they told me I had to pay for the rebuild. I am thrilled they are going to replace it under warranty. That speaks volumes about them as a company. Even knowing the customer was at fault, they still decided to repair it at their cost. Again, I was pretty upset it blew up after the first few hours of use, but quickly calmed down after realizing I had basically set my amp EQ opposite of what I thought I did......... I can't wait to get the broken in sound qubed sub back in my boat.
reedal Posted August 18, 2015 Report Posted August 18, 2015 Yup. Soundqubed is great SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.