Looking for some opinions on 8" SQ woofers

caraudiochris

After hearing the new Blues I wouldn't hesitate to grab them for a SQ system.As for being in the 90's Helix has a nice 8 that is around 88 that would definitely be on my short list.Although in a 8 it is going to be hard to beat the JL's.If you stepped up to 10's it would open up some more options and lastly there's your budget.Whats your price range?

Hey FourRings, if you don't mind me asking ... what vehicle did you listen to ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Hey FourRings, if you don't mind me asking ... what vehicle did you listen to ???

The first was a red Honda,pretty sure it was a Civic.After that my friend and old boss (former dealer back in the day) also has a set of components and pair of subs in his Porsche.Although I dont know if he has originals or not to be honest.

Oh Ok ... I was thinking maybe you heard Steve Carnahan's ride (can't remember exactly what vehicle that is) ...

He's from that area.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I am looking at putting three 8" subs in my car and will powering them with about 500 watts of power. Need something that would be efficient, light cone, very accurate that would work in a ported box.

I have used JL W3v2's in the past but I haven't heard the new v3's. I know JBL made a decent 8" but not very efficient. I would like to be in the 90's if possible. Any recommendations?

It will be put on this shelf where the carpet is in this picture. (Not my car just for reference)

OH HAHAHA I meant efficiency not the year. I didn't catch that I apologize.

I thought you meant 90 spl db's.... or 190 dbs..... if its the ladder set me up with three 8" subs in a ported box please!!!!!..... but I also need a new girlfriend that was born in the 90's

edit reason: I need to learn how to read ... LOL

Ah shit, you meant Steve ... yea, one of the origional guys from Blues Car Audio. His new setup is bad ass 4 sure.

Sorry bro

Archived