gage120 Posted August 9, 2015 Report Posted August 9, 2015 I like maxed my radio on 38 out of 38 then turned up my treble and mids and my friend played white clouds bass boosted and hit super hard and then I hear a click and my sub stopped. So I open the trunk play a song that I usually play and my sub is going in and out slowly making a weird scratching sound. It looked and sounded terrible. I took it out of the box pushed on the sub didn't hear any scratching and put it back in and played it and it sounded like normal again is it still messed up or should I keep using it? Thanks guys please help!
tommyboy Posted August 9, 2015 Report Posted August 9, 2015 Get a digital multimeter and switch it to ohms (Ω) and see what the impedance is. Depending on if your sub is a d2 or d4 will determine what the impedance should normally be around. Try that first and report back.
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 9, 2015 Report Posted August 9, 2015 With everything maxed out on your head unit like that I can just about guarantee you were clipping the hell out of your gear. So first off, never do that again. Like tommyboy said, I'd measure the resistance of your coils to see if there is any damage done to them. If there isn't the sub might be OK, or it might quit on you in a week. In either case I'd run it until it fails and then recone it. Let this be a lesson to you of what not to do. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
reedal Posted August 9, 2015 Report Posted August 9, 2015 Is it a D2 or D4 subwoofer? SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
reedal Posted August 9, 2015 Report Posted August 9, 2015 And you have it wired in parallel or series? SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Jessica Posted August 9, 2015 Report Posted August 9, 2015 go search this clowns content. thats all i will say Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
gage120 Posted August 9, 2015 Author Report Posted August 9, 2015 Haha honestly I'm not the smartest if I was I would of figured this out by now
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.