Hunter Horton Posted August 9, 2015 Report Posted August 9, 2015 Can somebody who is very familiar with aeroports and knows about them please message me. I need some serious help and information today as soon as possible. Thanks!!
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 9, 2015 Report Posted August 9, 2015 What do you need help with? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Hunter Horton Posted August 9, 2015 Author Report Posted August 9, 2015 What do you need help with? Trying to figure out my best route to go. I have 36" wide, 17 high, and 24 deep to work with. Currently I have 3 4" aeros and can make them fit along with my 2 12" zv3s. That box is over the space needed for those subs I know. Will be adding a good amount of bracing, and possibly run my kinetic 3800 in it to help on taking up airspace. Just wanting to make sure that is going to be enough port area until I can get my 8" adjustable port or 2 6" possibly. Hoping for tuning around 34hz. Subs will be pushed by a Banda 5k 1ohm, and with a box that large Ill wire up to 4ohm to cut back on power.
DrewJones Posted August 9, 2015 Report Posted August 9, 2015 Ok, first. Do NOT, put your battery in the box..... Just no. Second, I'm slightly confused by what you're trying to do here. You want to run multiple small ports now t'ill you swap to a single large port later? TEAM SOUTH Bassahaulic Productions The ONLY Bright Atlantic Blue DiamondBoxx L Drew Jones Bassahaulic Productions 4 SSA ZCON 15"s 2 Sundown SCV-6000's 6 AGM G31's 161.6 @ 40Hz Outlaw 159.8 @ 36Hz Legal ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Hunter Horton Posted August 9, 2015 Author Report Posted August 9, 2015 Ok, first. Do NOT, put your battery in the box..... Just no. Second, I'm slightly confused by what you're trying to do here. You want to run multiple small ports now t'ill you swap to a single large port later? Was considering, but probably wasn't going to unless i built a internal sealed box for it but even then figured it would fuck with tuning. Sorry I'm not a expert designer only my 5th box ive built but the rest have been pretty damn good for no help from expierenced people. Just take my time. Never had any air leaks and good tuning for most part, but with a slot port. Yes I'm saying run the smaller ports until I can get new ports in, unless the small ones would work and just plug one for higher tuning. I would make the baffle so I could put on a new one when new port/s arrive.
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 9, 2015 Report Posted August 9, 2015 Three 4" aeros isn't enough port area for two Zv3-12s. According to Sundown they should have at least 32 sq in of port area each, and that's assuming you are going to run rated power, you are doing almost twice that. Three 6" ports should be ok (marginally), but a single 8" isn't enough IMHO. Honestly I think you are going to need to use a slot port to get enough port area and still be able to fit it in the box. Also, if you run multiple ports and you block one off that will lower your tuning, not raise it. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Hunter Horton Posted August 9, 2015 Author Report Posted August 9, 2015 Three 4" aeros isn't enough port area for two Zv3-12s. According to Sundown they should have at least 32 sq in of port area each, and that's assuming you are going to run rated power, you are doing almost twice that. Three 6" ports should be ok (marginally), but a single 8" isn't enough IMHO. Honestly I think you are going to need to use a slot port to get enough port area and still be able to fit it in the box. Also, if you run multiple ports and you block one off that will lower your tuning, not raise it. everybody even the aeroport company is saying that the 12s love 1 single 8" port. I will have the subs wired up to 4 ohm so it wont be doing close to that 5k. I could possibly get away with 2 6" ports do you know what those flare out to so I can measure? Appreciate guys. Slot port is my last resort. I may do a little bit of cutting and hammering so I can free up a little room to have the 36" wide with the side walls on the outside of baffle instead of the inside. which would give me an extra 3/4" on each side so 1 1/2" more to work with.
Jessica Posted August 9, 2015 Report Posted August 9, 2015 hope you have 8" of space in front of where the port exits the box. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 9, 2015 Report Posted August 9, 2015 everybody even the aeroport company is saying that the 12s love 1 single 8" port. I will have the subs wired up to 4 ohm so it wont be doing close to that 5k. I could possibly get away with 2 6" ports do you know what those flare out to so I can measure? Appreciate guys. Slot port is my last resort. I may do a little bit of cutting and hammering so I can free up a little room to have the 36" wide with the side walls on the outside of baffle instead of the inside. which would give me an extra 3/4" on each side so 1 1/2" more to work with. I didn't see you were running at 4 ohms, that changes things, a lot. Two 6" ports will be perfectly fine at that power. So will a single 8" port. Like strangeduck said, make sure you have proper clearance in front of the port. One thing I want to bring up though, just because someone says a 8" port is fine for two 12"s does mean it is. There is a big difference between the amount of port needed for two 12" on 500 watts total in a 3 cube box and two 12" on 4000 watts in a 5 cube box. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Hunter Horton Posted August 9, 2015 Author Report Posted August 9, 2015 everybody even the aeroport company is saying that the 12s love 1 single 8" port. I will have the subs wired up to 4 ohm so it wont be doing close to that 5k. I could possibly get away with 2 6" ports do you know what those flare out to so I can measure? Appreciate guys. Slot port is my last resort. I may do a little bit of cutting and hammering so I can free up a little room to have the 36" wide with the side walls on the outside of baffle instead of the inside. which would give me an extra 3/4" on each side so 1 1/2" more to work with. I didn't see you were running at 4 ohms, that changes things, a lot. Two 6" ports will be perfectly fine at that power. So will a single 8" port. Like strangeduck said, make sure you have proper clearance in front of the port. One thing I want to bring up though, just because someone says a 8" port is fine for two 12"s does mean it is. There is a big difference between the amount of port needed for two 12" on 500 watts total in a 3 cube box and two 12" on 4000 watts in a 5 cube box. Very true man. They all know what I am running and size of enclosure after displacements.. I messaged psychoacoustics about an adjustable oval port possibly. Well I converted my rear seats to fold down so I can. I plan on keeping the port internal though since I not chasing numbers so much as a good daily and demo. I like to do good in the lanes too of course but that's what my SUV is for lol.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.