Second Skin Audio

Enclosure Help

Big_Al

I am looking for some help designing an enclosure. I have 2 kicker cvr 10s and taking them out of my truck to put them in my daughters explorer. I have only ever built sealed boxes so the port tuning is new to me. I have an app on my phone that gives port area and length and says tune to 36 hz.

My dimensions to work with are 40" wide 18" tall and would like to not be deeper than about 20". According to the app I need about 3.5 cu ft, port area 52.5 sq in, and 20" port length. Does this sound ok for these subs or would you recommend a different direction? Thanks for any help

That is the manufacturer's recommendation, it will be good or not depending on your goals and if you are pushing the 300W per driver they recommend or not. I guess that if you are not looking to play very low tuned music or overpowering it will do, set your amp subsonic filter to 28-30Hz.

I plan on putting at least 600 to the pair. The dimensions on the app just dont seem to add up to enough int volume. How close to the recommended port area do i need to get and do i figure the port area in with internal volume of the box? Im stumped to say the least. Thanks.

So does anybody know how close the port length and port area need to be to kickers recommendations. Their figures dont seem to work in the box calculator I found online. Seems it will tune too high and i dont want to build a box that wont even be close to what im after. Thanks.

You can make the port as much longer as you want to tune lower.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived