beanbo12 Posted August 13, 2015 Author Report Posted August 13, 2015 http://s288.photobucket.com/user/bedenbaughjoe/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150806_194739_zps0venwbwg.jpg.html?filters[user]=143761198&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
beanbo12 Posted August 13, 2015 Author Report Posted August 13, 2015 illustrations skills aren't the best but I was seeing if you could tell me if this is a practical box to use. Let me know if this will have loading issues on the port from the subs or any thing.http://s288.photobucket.com/user/bedenbaughjoe/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150813_175402_zpsjuoyfspb.jpg.html?filters[user]=143761198&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
beanbo12 Posted August 13, 2015 Author Report Posted August 13, 2015 Wow pic looks horrible from photobucket. But you should get the jest of what kind of box I want to do. the front port is 12.625x12.625 and then goes to 6.3125x12.625 in the back two sides .I dont know if this port would keep the same tuning I wanted or if it would even work
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 14, 2015 Report Posted August 14, 2015 Would it be possible to have the port run up the back of the box instead of splitting in two and running towards each side? You could also try making the port less tall and more wide. I know a 1:1 aspect ratio is best, but going like a 3:1 has very little performance impact. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
beanbo12 Posted August 14, 2015 Author Report Posted August 14, 2015 Yes that's possible but I didn't know if it was a good idea to have the force of the woofers going straight down on the port end. If that will not affect the performance or effiecincy, port noise or anything I will reduce it to a 3:1. Will have the port straight up like that be the better way to go?
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 14, 2015 Report Posted August 14, 2015 Well generally you don't want the cones firing directly into the end of the port, its kinda hard to tell just from your drawing if that will happen or not. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
xpoppadaddyx Posted August 14, 2015 Report Posted August 14, 2015 Yup, that's right. If your port is 5" wide before it gets to the back, it would be 2.5" wide going to either side. That way your total port area remains the same. Good explaining!! 2002 Chevy Trailblazer (Build) 2013 Nissan Altima (Build) Poppa's YouTube Channel Poppa's FB Page Poppa's Instagram
beanbo12 Posted August 14, 2015 Author Report Posted August 14, 2015 In the crappy drawing it has the ends split. If I did a 7x23x 28 inches long the port would have to come straight up about 7.25 so the woofers would be dirctly firing into the port. The box had a max dimension of 25 so that's y I have the port going up. I was trying to avoid it by spliting the ends so the force wouldn't be right on the port. Any way any one could Maby molded it? If I did the port straight it would be 36.5 depth with no room at all. Anyone got anothe way I could go.
beanbo12 Posted August 14, 2015 Author Report Posted August 14, 2015 Would it be easier to start another thread and ask for a design and see what they come up with?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.