EQ? Crossover? What should I do?

Here is what I am running:

Kicker 11DX1000.1 Powering a single L7 15 inch sub
Kicker 11DX400.4 powering 4 6x9's
and Kicker Dx125.2 Powering a pair of 6 inch KS60s and a Pair of Polk D1001 Tweets

Head Unit is Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD

I had recommended to me AudioControl's EQS (<-- click for link) which I was told by two people, that is all I would need for my system.

I was originally intending on buying a crossover, but then was recommended the EQ INSTEAD, I was told by correctly tuning each channel of the EQ it would be a better sound than if I just used a crossover. So I asked a guy on crutchfield's chat service and he told me that I would be needing to buy the eqs AND also the AudioControl 6XS crossover.

I want a system with great sound quality and not just my 15 drowning everything else out. But I have been pointed in a lot of different directions, and I understand for the most part how to use an EQ, but have never had one in my vehicle. Based off what I have here, what would you guys personally recommend for best clarity and quality?

It doesn't sound like you need a crossover.

Have you tried using the deck's eq to get the sound you want?

Does it not sound good now?

An eq will not make it sound better or have more sound quality, it will only fine tune your eq curve, which in most cases is just fine.

Unless you are doing sound quality competitions, or have access to an RTA to test your output and the differences an eq is making it's not really a good investment.

What kind of vehicle we working with here ??

4 6x9" drivers ?? Where are they located ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

It doesn't sound like you need a crossover.

Have you tried using the deck's eq to get the sound you want?

Does it not sound good now?

An eq will not make it sound better or have more sound quality, it will only fine tune your eq curve, which in most cases is just fine.

Unless you are doing sound quality competitions, or have access to an RTA to test your output and the differences an eq is making it's not really a good investment.

I do, acutally have access to an RTA however I dont know what the system sounds like I don't have it all put together yet.

78 Camaro ... Nice

Pics ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived